Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #496
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm going to need it I decided to get this K4 replaced it has stripes where the black menu line was under each option. I wouldn't call it ghosting but you defiantly can see the screen could have issues.
Now that might explain why you see such a difference in the screens on your two Kindles. If someone along the line from manufacturing, to warehousing, to delivery dropped, punched, kicked, sat on, or otherwise handled your K4 roughly it could have issues. Might need to send it to therapy to get it sorted out! Just kidding. Of course some E Ink screens just grow up bad!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #497
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
I think you will love the K4. If you want I will take pics and compare them side by side with the Pocket Pro if that will help. The difference is very noticeable.
That'd be cool
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #498
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Here Laura is pic of them side by side.

Thanks! Quite a difference!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #499
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Now that might explain why you see such a difference in the screens on your two Kindles. If someone along the line from manufacturing, to warehousing, to delivery dropped, punched, kicked, sat on, or otherwise handled your K4 roughly it could have issues. Might need to send it to therapy to get it sorted out! Just kidding. Of course some E Ink screens just grow up bad!
They are sending a replacement! I got a rep with my ex's name and I thought oh boy. He even talk liked him and put me on hold but he was very nice.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 PM   #500
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool good luck

Quote:
They are sending a replacement! I got a rep with my ex's name and I thought oh boy. He even talk liked him and put me on hold but he was very nice.
congratulations, hope the replacement hasn't any issues.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #501
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
congratulations, hope the replacement hasn't any issues.
Thanks he said I am the first to have a problem like this with the K4 so I feel kind of special now.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #502
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Thanks! Quite a difference!
It should be even more so. I am getting my K4 replaced. I do think I may have gotten one that has issues but Amazon Customer Service is top notch, Where else can you get a 1 day shipping for free on replacements and a prepaid label to send your old one back.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #503
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I just noticed something not sure this a K4 thing but went to archive items and there is an option. "add other device collections" When I choose it showed my other Kindle and K4PC as options. I could add the collections from my K3 to it. This would of been nice last night if I had bee awake enough instead of having to manually remake my collections.

I wonder if 3.3 upgrade for the K3 will add this option as well.
I too have that option now on my K3 wifi, and it's my only kindle! I have no idea why it's there. I'm still running 3.1.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #504
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I too have that option now on my K3 wifi, and it's my only kindle! I have no idea why it's there. I'm still running 3.1.
You have Kindle for PC? You can use it to make collections then transfer over to your Kindle!
Old 10-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #505
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
You have Kindle for PC? You can use it to make collections then transfer over to your Kindle!
Oh yes, that explains it!
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #506
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
Oh yes, that explains it!
Gonna be quite handy now I don't have a keyboard on my K4. I can make collections on K4PC then transfer them over.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:11 PM   #507
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa.F View Post
Hi, I just got a new Kindle.

It got a lot smaller and lighter and that is great for reading.
But I am very surprised to find out that the E-ink display is actually worse than one for the K3.
It has worse contrast ratio, black is lighter, white is darker, characters are a bit blurred and it has more tiny tiny black dots on it.
Of course this doesn't destroy any reading experience with the device.
But since I was hoping even the slightest improvement for the display I am fairly disappointed...

Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?
If my Kindle doesn't have any problem at all, sadly Kindle 4 is a stepback for me.
I just remembered this. Yes I have the same problem as you and I'm getting mine replaced. I think you should do the same.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #508
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
My K4 has arrived and is actually better displaywise than my K3 (Spring 2011), so maybe the displays are indeed of variable quality... ?

Edit : gosh, my English is getting worse by the minute...Sorry for that!
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #509
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

My replacement K4 has shipped! It coming UPS! My UPS guy was here today so he gonna be grumbling about coming all the way back tomorrow. Nah... he really is a nice ole guy. He wont leave anything unless you open the door, Always has a smile on his face and always says "You take care now."

I hadn't ordered anything in over a year that needed UPS so I was very happy to see him still have this route when my hard drive arrived today. It says End of Day though I guess that means after 2PM? I've never had anything with 1 day shipping before!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #510
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Here Laura is pic of them side by side.

What font did you use on the K4? That's not the standard one that comes with the Kindle, right?
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote