Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #4816
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Priscilla Spencer (PrisZilla Suspenser) (@priscellie) tweets...

Quote:
PrisZilla Suspenser retweeted
Delta Rae @DeltaRae · 5h 5 hours ago

ALL HALLOWS EVE! Tonight the veil between the Spirit World and our own will be thin...don't forget to dance!

Published on Oct 31, 2012

"Dance In The Graveyards" by Delta Rae from Carry The Fire, out now. Directed By: Dirty Robber.

Delta Rae's album, Carry The Fire, is out now.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-31-2014 at 08:37 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 PM   #4817
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Thank you, Alan. Have not heard of Delta Rae. Little bit slower than what I normally listen to, but the video, music, lyrics have something catchy about them. Added the video to watch later so I won't lose it. And added a station on my internet radio based on it.

Btw, my kind of music is closer to :wumpscut: (must be my german blood in me). Since it is Halloween a nice skeleton themed video:

DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #4818
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Yeow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thank you, Alan. Have not heard of Delta Rae. Little bit slower than what I normally listen to, but the video, music, lyrics have something catchy about them. Added the video to watch later so I won't lose it. And added a station on my internet radio based on it.

Btw, my kind of music is closer to :wumpscut: (must be my german blood in me). Since it is Halloween a nice skeleton themed video:
Good lord, what is that, electronic heavy metal!!!?? Now I can understand some of your posts a whole lot better!!!

Old 11-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #4819
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Good lord, what is that, electronic heavy metal!!!?? Now I can understand some of your posts a whole lot better!!!

I also like regular heavy metal, classic rock 'n' roll, even classical music. If all I had was The Beatles to listen to, I could be all set. I could also live with only Van Halen, AC/DC, Rammsteinor Motörhead. With Motörhead being my favourite rock 'n' roll band.

As for :wumpscut: - the linked video is not typical. They are usually a bit slower with more melody, and lyrics that tell stories. Granted, even the slower pieces are not suitable for children - or most adults for that matter. The lyrics themselves are very, well, explicit with no attempt to be polite. Delta Rae is not all that child friendly if you think about it. Same thing, just a little slower.

I do like how instruments are used with Delta Rae, and cannot decide yet if they are real instruments or partially electronic.

Music tastes differ, it would be boring indeed if all liked the same stuff.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #4820
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Well, Ace of Spades is one of my favorite songs, but things like trash metal, death metal and things like that are not my style. I like rock songs, but more 70's, 80's and 90's to be honest...

Who has enjoyed Halloween and the reread of Dead Beat? I enjoyed it and I must admit I really want to know more about Cowl and Kumori.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #4821
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Well, Ace of Spades is one of my favorite songs, but things like trash metal, death metal and things like that are not my style. I like rock songs, but more 70's, 80's and 90's to be honest...

Our age is showing. There is probably some differences in likes, but I agree, I don't like any metal that instead of singing has weird grunting noises. Is there actually any good rock after the 90's? The one exception that springs to mind may be Volbeat.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #4822
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Music tastes differ, it would be boring indeed if all liked the same stuff.
I have to agree! Music is pretty subjective, like reading too, but I guess we can all agree that Dresden files rocks!
Melon Soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #4823
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
I have to agree! Music is pretty subjective, like reading too, but I guess we can all agree that Dresden files rocks!
Dresden files rocks!
Old 11-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #4824
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Dresden files rocks!

Yes totally. Nice pun on the "rock" part.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #4825
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Thank you Alan for the new, incredibly cute, Poohsgiving User Pic!!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:11 PM   #4826
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
That is one cute avatar.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #4827
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
That is one cute avatar.
Thank you Red!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:14 AM   #4828
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
That is one cute avatar.

That's really cute!
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #4829
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Art from the upcoming Dresden Files LARP book by Evil Hat

By Mika Kuloda.
Art from the upcoming Dresden Files LARP book by Evil Hat Publication. Based on the books by Jim Butcher.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #4830
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Reasons I’m Jealous of Harry Dresden

Quote:
Reasons I’m Jealous of Harry Dresden by Jim Butcher

This is a hell of an article to write, because come on. Who would WANT Harry Dresden’s life? I mean, seriously. The poor guy, the things I put him through. If he ever met me, he’d slug me right in the face. He rarely, if ever, gets the girl. His victories are sometimes more painful than defeat. His life is haunted by an omniscient, jaded, sadistic fiend–me. I literally lie awake at night, thinking of new, meaner things to do to him.

Harry is tall. I always wanted that when I was a kid. I mean, my dad was 5’7, my mom about 5’2, so I knew I wasn’t going to be a giant. But I did not feel that 5’11 was too much to ask for. It wasn’t even six feet. All in all, I thought that was not an unreasonable height to want to be. But, my genes decided that 5’9 was enough. In retrospect, 5’9 is a very practical height to be. It’s the median, so you’re that much harder to pick out of a lineup, and you rarely feel terribly cramped on buses, in cars, or in airplanes. And there’s always lots of clothes and shoes available in your size. On the other hand, for every inch you are above the median height, statistically speaking you make an extra thousand dollars per year. Plus, you never get stuck behind someone taller than you who blocks your view in a stadium-seating movie theater.
For the complete article click here.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy