Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #4801
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Halloween re-read...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Which book is this from? I have *got* to catch up on this series.
Any book quote posted here by me this week is from my Halloween re-read of Dead Beat (The Dresden Files #7) by Jim Butcher which I just finished today.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-30-2014 at 09:40 PM.
alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #4802
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Please read us another story.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #4803
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool read us another story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
Please read us another story.
Okay...
Quote:
PART 1

Chapter 1,

IN WHICH WE ARE INTRODUCED TO

WINNIE-THE-POOH AND SOME BEES, AND THE STORIES BEGIN

Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it.

And then he feels that perhaps there isn’t. Anyhow, here he is at the bottom, and ready to be introduced to you. Winnie-the-Pooh.

When I first heard his name, I said, just as you are going to say, “But I thought he was a boy?”

“So did I,” said Christopher Robin.

“Then you can’t call him Winnie?”

“I don’t.”

“But you said—”...
...maybe I'd better stop here.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #4804
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Okay...

...maybe I'd better stop here.

Oh, man. Where is Tigger. Pooh belongs in the toilet. Tigger FTW.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #4805
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Which book is this from? I have *got* to catch up on this series.
I was asking myself the same question. Then thought - who the hell is Cassius. With the slicing mush be a very bad person to get that close to Harry - ahh that Cassius. And then I thought: Where is Sue? Sue is pretty cool. You will see when you get to Dead Beat.

I like this quoting without the source - tests the memory. Good job Alan.
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #4806
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
I'm 30% into Fool Moon and I have to say it's totally awesome! Glad I finally decided to read The Dresden Files.
Oh great, now you have me thinking someone should do a filk of "Everything is Awesome" from the LEGO Movie as "Dresden Files is Awesome".
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #4807
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Any book quote posted here by me this week is from my Halloween re-read of Dead Beat (The Dresden Files #7) by Jim Butcher which I just finished today.

Well, that's embarrassing. I'd gotten that far. I stopped after Turn Coat. Of course, that means I stopped reading The Dresden Files in 2009, so I guess I understand why I can't remember all the details.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:56 AM   #4808
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim on Twitter...

Old 10-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #4809
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:

He is such a tease.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #4810
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Tigger...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Oh, man. Where is Tigger. Pooh belongs in the toilet. Tigger FTW.
Good grief man!! Tigger hasn't even been introduced yet at that point in the story!!! Get a grip!!

Old 10-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #4811
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Obvious...

Quote:
I was asking myself the same question. Then thought - who the hell is Cassius. With the slicing mush be a very bad person to get that close to Harry - ahh that Cassius. And then I thought: Where is Sue? Sue is pretty cool. You will see when you get to Dead Beat.

I like this quoting without the source - tests the memory. Good job Alan.
I didn't quote the source because I thought what I was quoting was obvious since I'd made the first quote when announcing that I had just started a re-read of Dead Beat for Halloween!! Sheesh!!!!

Old 10-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #4812
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
I didn't quote the source because I thought what I was quoting was obvious since I'd made the first quote when announcing that I had just started a re-read of Dead Beat for Halloween!! Sheesh!!!!

I wasn't complaining, but said that I liked it as it got that usually unused stuff between my ears working. Talking about my brain, not ear wax.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #4813
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Snicker...

Quote:
I wasn't complaining, but said that I liked it as it got that usually unused stuff between my ears working. Talking about my brain, not ear wax.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 PM   #4814
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Good grief man!! Tigger hasn't even been introduced yet at that point in the story!!! Get a grip!!

Good grief? Please read to us the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree next. You brought Peanuts into it by saying:

Good grief!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 05:34 PM   #4815
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool NO!

Quote:
Good grief? Please read to us the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree next. You brought Peanuts into it by saying:

Good grief!!!
I no longer do encores

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy