Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-02-2022, 08:03 PM   #16
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I like the Nook UI. I prefer it to Kobo. I just wish I had the control on fonts and sideloaded content I do on Kobo.
Same with Kindle. I like the font, margins, line spacing controls on my KOBO.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:56 PM   #17
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
You know, my wife's friend got a Koko Clara HD. It's gotten completely wiped twice because of firmware updates.

I really like that you can use Calibre to group stuff into collections. Makes my life a lot easier.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:13 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
You know, my wife's friend got a Koko Clara HD. It's gotten completely wiped twice because of firmware updates.

I really like that you can use Calibre to group stuff into collections. Makes my life a lot easier.
Interesting. I've gone through a lot of firmware updates on my Kobo ereaders and have only had one case where a firmware update triggered a factory reset. And that time, I deliberately triggered the reset by corrupting the KoboReader.sqlite and BookReader.sqlite database files on my Forma before doing the update. I restored the books from calibre, copied over my backups of the databases and was back where I had started.

This was after a user report that they had a report of database corruption from calibre and the KoboTouch driver but did a manual firmware update anyways thinking it might help with the issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 09:19 PM   #19
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting. I've gone through a lot of firmware updates on my Kobo ereaders and have only had one case where a firmware update triggered a factory reset. And that time, I deliberately triggered the reset by corrupting the KoboReader.sqlite and BookReader.sqlite database files on my Forma before doing the update. I restored the books from calibre, copied over my backups of the databases and was back where I had started.
She brought the Kobo over because she used to have a Kindle and needed Apprentice Alf's help to get her Kindle books on the Kobo. So, we set that up. I ejected the Kobo. It did the library update, and then I did a firmware update. In the middle of the update, it looked it just shut off. I left it that way for about 20 min and powered it on. I got some dots across the screen that would not go away and thing would never boot. I found some guide on the Internet on how to fix this. When I finished that, I had a wiped, but working Clara. Another time, I did that when I ejected it from Calibre. It locked up, and after a 15-20 min sit, I rebooted it, and for the 3 dots and needed to do a factory reset. Since then it's gotten 2 other firmware updates and seems to behave.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:11 AM   #20
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I see no partitioning limits. I side loaded hundreds of ebooks with no space issues or limitations
Where are you looking to see the partitioning limits? The only way to know for certain is to plug that baby in to a PC and see what it shows as freespace and you mentioned in the past that you were not planning on doing so.

Many of us would appreciate if you would. The memory partitioning is the biggest factor in my decision not to purchase a Glowlight 4.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 07:16 PM   #21
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Where are you looking to see the partitioning limits? The only way to know for certain is to plug that baby in to a PC and see what it shows as freespace and you mentioned in the past that you were not planning on doing so.

Many of us would appreciate if you would. The memory partitioning is the biggest factor in my decision not to purchase a Glowlight 4.
Ok. I never plugged it in to a pc. I thought something like that would show on the device itself if it existed.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barnesandnoble, barnesandnoblenook, nook