Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-12-2022, 03:50 AM   #1
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Question Bug? When in Notes, I Need to press 3 times on Power button to put to sleep Notes

Hi!

In my settings, a quick press of the power button is meant to put the device to sleep, when in Notes.

But it doesn't work as expected:
So, when I'm in Notes and press one time on the Power button: Nothing happens.
I press again, nothing.
Only at the third time my device goes to sleep.

The strange thing is that it doesn't appear each time. For example, I've noticed that if I went off sleep and put immediately to sleep again (without writing anything), usually it goes to sleep on the first press of the Power button.

I've contacted the support (by the "Feedback" in my device) but they only told me to update to last firmware (which I've done, to no avail).

Anybody got the same problem?
Thank you!
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 06:08 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
How about running ADB logcat?
Code:
C:\>adb logcat
You might not understand all of that but you can see if it reacts at all to the first push.
You can also see if it puts out a big blob of unhappy thoughts.
I wouldn't immediately discount a broken power switch.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:27 AM   #3
Huyggy
Zealot
Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.Huyggy knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Onyx Max 3 & Onyx Lumi 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I wouldn't immediately discount a broken power switch.
Pretty sure it's not the case. First, it's exactly 3 times, each time, before it eventually goes to sleep. Second, as I said, if I wake up the device and put directly to sleep, it never happens. Thirdly, it's only when going to sleep that I need to press 3 times, never to wake it up again.
I may try what you propose with adb but first I'd like comparisons with other people who own a Boox device to see whether they notice the same thing.

Last edited by Huyggy; 06-12-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Huyggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, notes, onyx boox, power button, sleep