Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
hlreader
Lee Robinson
hlreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight
Question To Calibre Library from Device

I realize I may just be not seeing it, but I cannot find how to download ebooks from my Nook to my Calibre Library so that I can organize them. I see how to bring books into the library from lots of other places but not how to bring in the books that I already have and are on my Nook device. Am I missing something that everyone else finds to be obvious?
hlreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If your nook is old enough, you'll not be able to get the eBooks off if they are eBooks downloaded from B&N as you cannot access the partition that contain the "nook" books. If they are side loaded eBooks, you can just plug in the nook to the computer and drag/drop from the visible partition.

If the nook is the one that's no partitioned, then my side loaded directions will work for all eBooks on the nook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
AFAIK it's not possible to get the books downloaded from B&N to your Nook off the device, as they have DRM. Note that the same applies to newer Kindles. There is a way to download and deDRM Kindle books, but not Nook books, at least to my knowledge. It's best not to buy from B&N.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:46 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Depending on the device, you can go to the device list, right-click on a book and use "Add to library" (or something like that). If the device and book format supports it, this will do what you want. But, I have no idea if it will work for a Nook, or the purchased books on a Nook. And I have no idea what happens if the book has DRM.

And the restrictions for this are based on the comments they others have made. The book must be somewhere calibre can access. They must be a format that calibre can handle. The information about the book must be accessible and usable by calibre. And DRM has to be handled in some way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 11:02 PM   #5
hlreader
Lee Robinson

Thank you. That is what I needed to know.
Old 06-05-2022, 11:03 PM   #6
hlreader
Lee Robinson

Thank you. I'll try that.

Tags
device, download, nook