Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-04-2021, 12:27 AM   #1
BrotherHead
BrotherHead began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 10.1
Problems with Calibre and Nook 10.1

Evening all.

I just got a new Nook 10.1 (my last one had a problem with the connection for the charging).

Also (for background information) my Calibre just updated to the newest version.

I use Calibre to send my books to my Nook.

When I'm trying to send them to my new Nook, I'm having a couple of different problems. Figured I'd check here and see if anyone had any suggestions.

1) Calibre isn't seeing the SD card. It only shows the main memory. When I look in to the Nook, it shows the SD card.

2) When I try uploading books, a couple of different things happen.
a) Gives an error that there isn't enough room on my Nook (I've got 20 Gigs free on the main drive and 30 Gigs free on the SD card).
b) Gives an error trying to upload books. I cleared out my Nook (except for my purchases via Barnes and Noble) and tried reuploading my books. I've got 95 books moved over right now but haven't been able to upload any more.

I tried uploading all of my books (800 of them) at one time and it gave me errors. I tried uploading a few at a time and it worked a few times, until it didn't.

On my previous Nook, I had all of my books loaded on to it.

Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
BrotherHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like flaky connection. Try a different usb cable/port. Also resetting the nook might help.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:43 AM   #3
BrotherHead

Another problem I'm having is that when I start Calibre (with my Nook connected), sometimes it doesn't seem to see my Nook.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:59 AM   #4
BrotherHead

I've tried a different cable and this is the error I'm getting:
calibre, version 5.26.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:706:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] The requested value cannot be determined.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 595, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 442, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 36, in check_thread
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 445, in put_file
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:706:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x802a0006 wCode=0] The requested value cannot be determined.

(if that helps)
Old 09-04-2021, 02:00 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error sending a file to the device. If the cable didnt fix it, then your reminaing options are to do a reset or use one of the wireless transfer options https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #6
BrotherHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That's an error sending a file to the device. If the cable didnt fix it, then your reminaing options are to do a reset or use one of the wireless transfer options https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
Thank you.

Another problem I'm having is that when I am able to upload stuff to it, it doesn't show in my Nook.

Very weird.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #7
BrotherHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you very much. I rebooted the Nook to factory settings and it fixed almost all my problems.

I can now upload books to my main memory with no problem and I can open Kindle with no problem.

Right now, I still can't see the books I've uploaded and my Calibre can't seem to see my SD card.

If you have any suggestions of what I might be missing, it would be greatly appreciated.

But thank you again for your help.

Tags
books, calibre, nook