Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
nook hd+
nook hd+ began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+
will a nook hd+ work overseas

Hello all,

I just bought a Nook HD+ in the US with the thought of loading some content and then gifting it to someone overseas. To do this I have registered it to me and will make the purchase with my US credit card.

I am now worried that
1. When the person re registers the device to their name, what happens to the stored content I am trying to gift them
2. Can I remove my credit card info before giving them the device
3. If the above is ok, can they in the future just use their own account and cc?

The person has their own wi-fi set up at home (I read earlier it does not work on hotel and other public networks)

Thanks!!
nook hd+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
The device can only be registered to one user. To register it to another user, you first have to "Erase & deregister device" in settings, which restores the device to factory defaults. The new owner can then register the device.

During the de-registration process any data (books, movies, settings, ...) will be lost, so whatever you want to keep you have to make a copy or store in the SD card first.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
The content is not yours to give...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook hd+ View Post
Hello all,
I am now worried that
1. When the person re registers the device to their name, what happens to the stored content I am trying to gift them
The content is not yours to gift. When you pay for a Nook Book you agree to the following:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/include/terms_of_use.asp

It basically says that you have the right to view your book on any Nook that is registered to you. Since you plan to re-register the Nook, your books will cease to be readable on the new owner's Nook.

There is a restrictive Lend feature that is almost worthless:

"Only certain eBooks are eligible for lending. eBooks with an icon on their product pages indicate their eligibility for lending and will also have a "LendMe" link in the customer's NOOK Library, once purchased. Under the LendMe feature, a customer who has purchased an eBook on the Barnes & Noble.com Site may loan that eBook to only one person. Currently, the maximum number of times that an eBook can be lent is once per eBook title for a period of up to 14 days. During the lending period, the loaned eBook will be disabled in the lending customer's NOOK Library. After the lending period has expired, the eBook will be re-enabled in the lending customer's NOOK Library. "
detayls is offline   Reply With Quote