Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #31
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
When i power on the device, i want it to put me right back, where i left of (unless i removed the necessary media)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #32
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
When i power on the device, i want it to put me right back, where i left of (unless i removed the necessary media)
Ie, you want a "sleep" mode.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #33
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
Basically it should be *in* sleep mode whenever you're just reading a page.

Ideally.
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #34
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_k
what games could one imagine, working with 1 screen refresh per second?
I have no idea, what could be working with that limitation.
chess
backgammon
card games
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:33 PM   #35
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
CHM viewer

A chm viewer (like xchm) would be very, very helpfull.

Also some support for other formats like djvu, lit and palm ...

Some Unzip capabilites so the ebooks doesn“t take so much space ...

Last edited by joblack; 07-28-2006 at 12:36 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #36
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack
A chm viewer (like xchm) would be very, very helpfull.

Also some support for other formats like djvu, lit and palm ...

Some Unzip capabilites so the ebooks doesn“t take so much space ...
Um... Do you know that chm is just compiled html...? You can use many tools to extract it to html on Windows & Mac, and on Linux you can use extract_chmlib.

But yes... Chm would be nice to have...
Old 07-29-2006, 03:59 AM   #37
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I surely know that ...

Don“t want to convert it - why always converting stuff??

I want to read the stuff as it is .. under "normal Linux" it is all possible ..

Last edited by joblack; 07-29-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:21 AM   #38
jęd
Evangelist

Quote:
Yeah I surely know that ...

Don“t want to convert it - why always converting stuff??

I want to read the stuff as it is .. under "normal Linux" it is all possible ..
Yep... And if Irex don't supply a reader, I'm feling that I'm going to supply my own as I have quite a few manuals and programming books in chm format already....
Old 07-29-2006, 07:30 AM   #39
joblack
Wizard

You just have to recomile xchm, should not be that big deal .. the same with djvu or palm reader ...

We just need full access to the machine ..
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #40
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
the same with djvu
djvu is funny because we would have note taking already available: the usual method to see djvu is to do a small key-oriented navigation that extracts each requested page towards bmp or jpg and then feeds it into the picture viewer. And iLiad picture viewer does already implement inking
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:38 AM   #41
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
You just have to recomile xchm, should not be that big deal ..
I don't have an Iliad but just from looking at the screen shots I can tell you that you don't just recompile xchm to make it work on an Iliad. Someone would need to adapt the event handling and UI rendering logic and likely things like startup/shutdown logic as well.

My wish is that they supported a ghostscript mode, where you could shut down X and use Postscript to drive the eInk screen.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #42
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
My next request, hopefully easier for Irex than ghostscript...

How about an iLiad CGI that you can POST to from an XHTML form so you can persist small bits of information? Like say an XHTML calendar? The data would be stored in a flat XML file in a location specified in the FORM tag? THe data would be retrieved via a GET operation into the same CGI.

Note to Irex: If you send me a developer email I'll happily create it myself.

This trivial little addition would allow several forms of software development via XHTML...
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #43
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer View Post
well, a DSA (or DND or Shadowrun) assistant on the iliad would be great.
Well, for Shadowrun a number of assistants (using e.g. XLS-Sheets) is already available from Dumpshock, they could possibly be used with the Spreadsheet-Program (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...eadsheet+iliad)
Most Rulebooks are available as PDF form e.g. battlecorps - though some of them are quite huge.
Other things like 'cheat sheets' (see dumpshock) or home-grown PDFs with rulesets, tables, etc are easy.
I don't know how good the java-implementation is, a number of java-applets could eventually be run (e.g. dice generator, table lookups, etc)

As soon as I get the money raised, I will get myself an iLiad and, yes I intent to use it as my new GM-tool. Thus yes, in the long run I will port some kind of SR-assisstant program.
If I find a D&D group I will perhaps do the same for D&D. But don't expect anything in the near future.

Possible games: Solitaire, Minesweeper, and similar
All kinds of "record sheet" or "notes sheet" (e.g. for Yatzee, Battleships, ....)
(Anybody else thinking "diplomacy" right now?)
Games like Scrabble would be easy, though you would either need two iLiads to play or a "hot chair" mechanism. Same applies to games like battleship, Backgammon, ...
Most "play against the computer" cardgames should be possible.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #44
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
Did anybody wished for a contenlister that will display more items per page by not making all records the same (usually way to big) height? It will be good if we can have a page of contenlister settings, like wrap long filenames, display file date, font size for file names. It should not be hard to autogenerate html file for nice view of each folder?
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #45
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidcaller View Post
Did anybody wished for a contenlister that will display more items per page by not making all records the same (usually way to big) height?
About everyone who has an iLiad.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote