Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
aaaman
aaaman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Legal question

(Dunno where this goes, please move to an appropriate section if needed.)

Hello,

After a long endeavour, I finally managed to contact Sony and preliminarily arrange a repair, but one thing's been bugging me. I have a PRS with flashed firmware. No big deal, done that just so I could have the clock. Question is, can Sony refuse the repair because I've been tinkering with my toy? The issue is with the screen, it's cracked, so I don't believe there's any relation, but I just want to be sure.
aaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
welcome to MobileRead, aaaman.

I can't answer your question, but perhaps someone with a Sony will log on soon.

enjoy the forums.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
aaaman
aaaman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Anyone? I don't feel like riding 200km just to learn that the won't replace it.
aaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They probably could, in theory, but I very, very much doubt that they will in practice, given that the fault has nothing to do with the firmware.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Mine had hacked firmware, and the re-flashing went through with no problems. I sent my PRS-500 out on Monday, and had it back on Friday.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert