Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #31
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Thanks, I'm not worried about the shading of grey, I'll just be using text. I was just worried about formats of the 256 vs 8bit, etc. I'll give it a try.

Go to sleep so you can do more magic tomorrow.......
AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #32
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Coming up with my own new screens can be my new project until I get my PP back. Both ekaser and the OP came up with some great ones.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 AM   #33
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Get the logomaker from its in ukranian but its easy enough to use
just select the reader you want v3 or v8 and then
select the two pics you want one for starting logo another for closing logo by pressing the folder icon
then press the black white logo beside that fixes the image for eink
it will save it for you.
Its only for v3 and v8 but it has a devices.ini file with it you can play around with it so it produces something with the correct size for your reader

http://www.lbook.ua/downloads/createlogo.rar
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #34
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaser View Post
I've succeeded at creating STARTUP and SHUTDOWN fullscreen graphics for the Hanlin V5 (EZ Reader Pocket Pro).
Thanks, it worked GREAT I now have my personalize pictures in there.

I sent you some KARMA but my fingers flubbed so my message wasn't finished.

Bye the bye, my first try, my picture worked fine, but my text didn't show, I guess the greyscale was wrong for my text. So I put the text on a picture and it's great.

AJ

I STARTED A THREAD THAT WE CAN SHOW OFF OUR IMAGES. PLEASE, EVERYONE, POST YOUR IMAGES THERE.

Last edited by AJ Starr; 10-09-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Okay, okay, so I couldn't resist playing when I should be working (besides waking up at 5am...)

I've posted an update to V5LOGOS on my website at:This version (NUTS! Next time I get some time, I'll have to put a revision code in the program!) will handle 256-color and 24-bit color bitmaps as input and generate proper grayscale output files.

Now, REALLY, it's WORK time...
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #36
Chiron
Fantasy & SciFi Reader
Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chiron has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Okay, okay, so I couldn't resist playing when I should be working (besides waking up at 5am...)

I've posted an update to V5LOGOS on my website at:This version (NUTS! Next time I get some time, I'll have to put a revision code in the program!) will handle 256-color and 24-bit color bitmaps as input and generate proper grayscale output files.

Now, REALLY, it's WORK time...
Excellent, now my opening and closing images work really well (the closing looks really nice, the opening way too dark, i need to upate it for another one), i really thank you

EDIT: Here is a custom logo that dont have any info, just unzip the file in the root of your SD card to see if you like it =D

EDIT2: Here are the boot/shutdown images i used
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Startup.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	37394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shutdown.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	37395  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Chiron logos.zip (793.3 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by Chiron; 10-13-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Put a custom logo
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #37
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
Excellent, now my opening and closing images work really well (the closing looks really nice, the opening way too dark, i need to upate it for another one), i really thank you

EDIT: Here is a custom logo that dont have any info, just unzip the file in the root of your SD card to see if you like it =D

EDIT2: Here are the boot/shutdown images i used
I started a thread we can show off our images, how about posting them there? If they are in JPEG the thumbnail will show without having to download them.

AJ
Old 10-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #38
lilygunmetal
lilygunmetal began at the beginning.

Device: Astak PocketPro - Slate Blue
Here are my start up and close down images along with my new cover.

Last edited by lilygunmetal; 10-10-2009 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fixing images
lilygunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #39
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nice startup and shut down pics, Lov the cover too very girlie
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #40
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
thanks ekaser - hadnt had a chance to play with your logomaker yet, but just dying to try it out! kudos to you!
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #41
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
WOW!! ekaser got it and it works!!

Quote:
Okay, here it is. UnZIP into a folder of your choice. It contains these files:
logo.bin
logo.md5
main.c
md5.c
md5.h
readme.txt
shutdown.bmp
startup.bmp
v5logos.exe
The logo.bin and logo.md5 files are samples, pre-made from the enclosed sample startup.bmp and shutdown.bmp. The source files (for any programmers out there) are main.c, md5.c and md5.h. There are brief explanations/instructions in the readme.txt file, and the program itself is v5logos.exe. This is a command-line program that has to be run from a command-line prompt. Read the readme.txt file. Perhaps when I get a little more time (I should NOT have been doing THIS this morning!), I'll also convert it to a regular Windows program that prompts you for the input files.

Don't be worried by the disclaimer of warranty and placing all risk of use upon you. While those ARE true, I've extensively tested it on my own EZ-PEZ, and it works great.

Now go have some fun!

Everett
Dear ekaser:

I will have our head tech check your way out but I have seen the images on another thread showing the results!! I am astonished!! YOU are damned good!

Great work!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #42
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear ekaser: I will have our head tech check your way out but I have seen the images on another thread showing the results!! I am astonished!! YOU are damned good! Great work!!
Thanks, Robert! I know I'm 'damned', but I'm not sure about the 'good' part...
Old 10-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #43
usagi_chan
Enthusiast
usagi_chan began at the beginning.

Device: Black Pocket Pro (my preciousss)
I love the idea of customizing the start-up and shut down screen of my PEZ, but I'm not very good with command-line programs. If it's not too much to ask, dear Ekaser, when you have the time, could you create a windows application for those like me (technically challenged people)? It would be a wonderful program and it would make my reading experience a lot more pleasant.
for all your work!
Great pictures, everyone, I saw some incredible screens in the "show us your customized screens" thread.
usagi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #44
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_chan View Post
I'm not very good with command-line programs. If it's not too much to ask, dear Ekaser, when you have the time, could you create a windows application for those like me (technically challenged people)?
That's something I've thought about, and will almost certainly do at some point (if someone else doesn't beat me to it). It won't be immediately, as I have more pressing work requirements at the moment, but when I get some spare time, that is definitely on my "wish to do" list.

But don't let "command line" keep you from playing with this, it's really not that hard. Let's imagine that you download and unZIP V5LOGOS into the C:\books\tools\v5logos folder, and that you have a couple of bitmap images (.BMP files) in the C:\books\PEZ folder called "PEZ startup.BMP" and "PEZ shutdown.BMP" (just examples, and the quotes are just because there's a space in the file name). Then, you would:

1) Open a command-line window via the Start-Programs-Accessories-CommandLine menu.
2) Type (and press the ENTER key after each command):
cd \books\tools\v5logos
v5logos "\books\PEZ\PEZ startup.BMP" "\books\PEZ\PEZ shutdown.BMP"
exit
(There's a SPACE character after 'cd', 'v5logos' and between the two quoted file names after 'v5logos'.)

This will use the specified startup and shutdown .BMP files to create the logo.bin and logo.md5 files in the c:\books\tools\v5logos folder. The 'cd' command is "Change Directory", which puts the command-line windows "current working directory" where the v5logos program is. The second line is the execution of the v5logos program itself, and the two quoted strings (in case of spaces in the file names) are how you tell the v5logos program which two bitmaps to use (it automatically outputs to the 'logo.bin' and 'logo.md5' file names). The 'exit' command closes the command-line window.

Once you've done the above, then you can use your standard methods (File Explorer) to create the "\jinke\logo" folders on your SD card and copy the 'logo.bin' and 'logo.md5' files from c:\books\tools\v5logos (or wherever you chose to unZIP the program to) to that folder on the SD card. The rest of the instructions are in the README.TXT file that's included in the V5LOGOS.ZIP file (ie, you'll find it in the c:\books\tools\v5logos, or wherever, folder after you've unZIP'd the download).

It may sound scary, but it's really not that hard. Just print out this message and a copy of the README.TXT file from v5logos, and you shouldn't have ANY trouble following along the steps and achieving your own custom graphics (the graphics .BMP files are up to YOU to create/acquire, though ) for your Pocket Pro TODAY!

Last edited by ekaser; 10-14-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #45
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Ekaser,

Thanks for the Logo Program!

It's easy to use and works great.

Your efforts are appreciated...
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote