Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #46
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pars_andy View Post
Fantastic addition. A lot of the lrf formatted books on this website are a bit frustrating for me as i find the font size too big. Now i can fix that. Thanks.
I'm 50 years old and I have been a bit frustrated because I find the font size too small. Now I can fix that.

Actually I switched to Epub so I could change the font size easily.

Thanks Kovid!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #47
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Going from LRF to Epub the one thing I miss is the ability to add a line between paragraphs. Doing any other conversion to epub (IE prc, lit or epub) I have been lucky enough to have the option for the line inserted in between paragraphs to work fine.

I guess LRF didn't use <p> for paragraphs.
Advert
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #48
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I guess LRF didn't use <p> for paragraphs.
I think that this may depend on the source of the LRF.
Book Designer uses <Div> instead of <p> in its LRFs, unfortunately.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #49
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
That might explain it.

I have been converting some LRF files from Mobileread and it seems most use Book Designer to create these LRF files. Most of the time those generous enough to create books for Mobileread place them up in multiple formats so there have been few that I needed to convert from LRF to Epub.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:22 AM   #50
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It is probably just a case of raising a ticket with the problem type of LRF attached so that someone can remember to get around to looing at it. Sounds as though it should be handled in the LRF input plugin.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #51
banci
banci began at the beginning.

Device: none
Use site - http://www.tucows.com/preview/513448
ABC Amber Sony converter is working - some minor problems
banci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:13 AM   #52
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Just an update: The last 4 lrf files from mobileread converted with spaces between paragraphs as requested. This included one that you created Wharton, Edith: Tales of Men and Ghosts, v.1, 8 Feb 2008.

I don't know what lrf books gave me problems, but my recent attempts were perfect.

Thanks again to Kovid.

Update: I found a book that previously wouldn't insert spaces between paragraphs when converted to epub. I dropped it from my library because I'm picky like that. The book is Piper, H. Beam: Little Fuzzy v3 2008-03-20 compiled by jswolf. This time it converted fine. Again Kudos to Kovid!

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-08-2009 at 07:05 AM.