Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
miko_sing
miko_sing began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
EB1150 can't read imp file from Ebookwise Librarian

Hi,

I just bought an Ebookwise reader. I have converted all my lit ebooks to html and doc files so that I could transfer them to my reader. I thought to use the Ebookwise Librarian & USB cable transfer method as some of the ebooks after conversion, became several html files (ie. 1 file per chapter) and the software provides a neat little option to merge the html files into one

After uploading the files onto Ebookwise Librarian and converting them to Ebookwise 1150 format (ie. imp file), I tried to download the files to my reader but that's where the fun ends. I was unable to download anything!!! I get an error message each time saying that the reader was able to detect that there are books in the Librarian but they are not compatible to the reader and therefore could not be downloaded. What the heck!

For the time being I am using ETI server method to transfer books but I really don't feel like transferring one file at a time for those books which are seperated into several html files...

So if anyone out there who is smarter and wiser than me, please teach me how to solve this problem??

Thanks!!!
miko_sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm not at home, so I don't have the software in front of me, but...

I think there's a setting to determine which kind of IMP file you are making. The software makes files for the old Rocketbook (RB), the GEB/RCA/EB1150 (IMP), and the 1200 (ETI-1) (IMP). They are all different and not interchangeable.

When I download books from Fictionwise, I have to choose the "Half-VGA" IMP file. See if you can find a preference to set the kind of output file you are creating.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Found this setting in my GEB Librarian. (EBookwise Librarian is just a "branded" version of the same software).

.... crud ... can't figure out how to get a picture in the post
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Librarian.bmp (554.7 KB, 547 views)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Found this setting in my GEB Librarian. (EBookwise Librarian is just a "branded" version of the same software).

.... crud ... can't figure out how to get a picture in the post
Make it a .jpg, to preview it (see your pic below).

Oh, and by the way, make sure the ebook is listed in the main screen (see my pic below) as having an eBook Format of GEB 1150 for it to be recognized by the EBW1150.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Librarian.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	21303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Librarian-main.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	21304  

Last edited by nrapallo; 01-15-2009 at 12:20 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #5
miko_sing
miko_sing began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
Thanks for all your suggested solutions, I really appreciate them!

I managed to find the solution to the problem by visiting the website of the guy who wrote the software - http://www.breeno.org/eBook/faq2.html . Apparently it has to do with the following error that was detected by the software (cos my OS was Vista)

"Error opening\creating HOSTS fileerror=<5>"

Here was his suggested solution :

"In windows explorer, right-click on the file: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. and click Properties > Security tab > Edit Permissions Change "Users" to all rights by checking all the boxes."

After I did all that and also deselecting the 2 options in my reader about using proxy servers, I was able to download the imp files that I have created with the Librarian software.

Thanks for all your help!
miko_sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert