Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #76
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
It's odd that it works with SugarSync for individual files, but not with Copy. Still 20GB is very very nice indeed even without being able to back up a single file. I'm hoping to get enough space through signups to back up my photos too.
Well you can back up single file if you upload it through browser or if you put a copy of it in the Copy folder.
Maybe later on, when they create a base of users, they will make possible shortcuts for individual files as well.
Or
It might be I am wrong and just don't know how to do it.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #77
Sarah Rielle
Author
Sarah Rielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi All

Copy sounds very like google drive which I discovered last year and absolutely love! I think you get 5MB free and can share, have private etc
Sarah Rielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #78
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Rielle View Post
Hi All

Copy sounds very like google drive which I discovered last year and absolutely love! I think you get 5MB free and can share, have private etc
Oh dear... its nothing like Google Drive at all. Apples and oranges. for one, it gives you 3x the space straight away, and through their system of referrals, the possibilities are almost endless. You cant get extra space at google without paying for it.

On copy, I am (so far) on 255GB. Try doing a comparison on that, with google, or any of the others.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #79
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Ok thanks, aliases only work for the app then, I was looking for confirmation of that. Currently my Calibre library is stored on Dropbox, so if I want to keep them synchronized, instead of keeping a back-up, I would have to upgrade my OS it seems.
Unless you have a really old Mac that can't take Lion and Mountain Lion, you'd be silly not to. I think you'll need to get Lion first, and thats through the app store. Make a copy of the file (put the copy in your downloads folder or an external drive) *before* you install, because it self deletes after install. You never know when you might need to reinstall and its a PITA to have to download again, esp if your data allowance is restricted.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #80
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
It's odd that it works with SugarSync for individual files, but not with Copy. Still 20GB is very very nice indeed even without being able to back up a single file. I'm hoping to get enough space through signups to back up my photos too.

Of course you can back up single files. All you have to do is drop one into the Copy folder on your computer, which the app created.
Advert
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Rielle View Post
Hi All

Google Drive now gives you 15GB.

Competition is driving the free space up. Dropbox hasn't yet try to compete with Copy yet but they're going to have to soon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #82
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Google Drive now gives you 15GB.
AHHHHHH! *That* explains why my mailbox seems to have grown!!

Quote:

Competition is driving the free space up. Dropbox hasn't yet try to compete with Copy yet but they're going to have to soon.
I think so... they were the first, and they havent increased the allowances much. That said, even though I was in one of the first groups to get it, so was everyone I know, so I didnt get many referrals, darnit. There's much about Dropbox that I prefer, but with my Copy allowance being so big now, I can afford to backup my photographs online, where I never could, before (over 90GB of Photos) In fact I am contemplating to reverting to Dropbox only for books, and using Copy exclusively for photography.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #83
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
AHHHHHH! *That* explains why my mailbox seems to have grown!!

I think so... they were the first, and they havent increased the allowances much. That said, even though I was in one of the first groups to get it, so was everyone I know, so I didnt get many referrals, darnit. There's much about Dropbox that I prefer, but with my Copy allowance being so big now, I can afford to backup my photographs online, where I never could, before (over 90GB of Photos) In fact I am contemplating to reverting to Dropbox only for books, and using Copy exclusively for photography.
I maxed out my Dropbox referrals thanks to MobileReads and Google search! Didn't take long at all but my Calibre Library is 12 GB! That's on top of my ebook library for books ready to sent to my Kindles. I also use DB for backups to my websites which are nightly and other personal files. It's getting crowded. I have 19.5GB and I have to say I really dislike the last update to the Dropbox desktop app. Now when I right click on it in my system tray I get a pop window that shows recently change files instead of the info I am use to looking for.

Copy's so far I uploaded my Calibre Library to. It didn't take long at all. The folder shortcut makes it easier to keep both Dropbox and Copy working together without losing more space.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #84
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Thanks for this one. I've signed up and had a little play and it looks quite good.
If anyone is still looking to sign up, here's my referal link:
https://copy.com?r=gYmYLb
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #85
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaWolf View Post
Thanks for this one. I've signed up and had a little play and it looks quite good.
If anyone is still looking to sign up, here's my referal link:
https://copy.com?r=gYmYLb
Suggest adding your link to your signature as well, it will get exposure everywhere on site.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #86
JChip
Banned
JChip began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thanks for all your posts!
I just signed up and uploaded 1GB files in no time
Now to find how to put my link in my signature
JChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #87
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChip View Post
Thanks for all your posts!
I just signed up and uploaded 1GB files in no time
Now to find how to put my link in my signature
Just go to User Control Panel, go to Edit Signature and put the referral link there. If you don't want the whole link to appear (like in my signature) just put

[url=...........place for your real link]text you want to put[url]
in the last [url] put sign "/" before url but inside []
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #88
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Has anyone with a Kobo Glo (or any Kobo reader) able to connect to Copy.com to download books directly? When I try it, I can login, get to the Calibre Library directory, but when I try and go deeper into the individual author folders to grab a book, that's when the Glo just locks up. It eventually will pop up a message that a script is running do I want to cancel it or continue, but the reader is completely unresponsive at that point. My only option then is to do a soft reset with a paperclip to unfreeze it.

I can download from SugarSync which has the same exact directory structure without any problems.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #89
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Has anyone with a Kobo Glo (or any Kobo reader) able to connect to Copy.com to download books directly? When I try it, I can login, get to the Calibre Library directory, but when I try and go deeper into the individual author folders to grab a book, that's when the Glo just locks up. It eventually will pop up a message that a script is running do I want to cancel it or continue, but the reader is completely unresponsive at that point. My only option then is to do a soft reset with a paperclip to unfreeze it.

I can download from SugarSync which has the same exact directory structure without any problems.
Tried it on the Aura and locked it up just as you described. I thought maybe using a mobile version of their site would work, but they don't appear to have one. No problems using DropBox.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #90
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
It locks up with my iPad as well (but it works fine with the Galaxy Player). Now I just simply search for a book by title and take it from there.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote