Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #61
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I taped a small magnet on my Timbuk2 cover and now the on/off with cover works.
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #62
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
I taped a small magnet on my Timbuk2 cover and now the on/off with cover works.
I tried out a refrigerator magnet with mine yesterday. It worked though it was a bit sluggish to turn on and off. I probably would need a better magnet. Perhaps one out of a no-longer-used phone holster. I've got a few of those lying about.
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #63
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Hmm, at what point of the device does the magnet need to connect?
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #64
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Hmm, at what point of the device does the magnet need to connect?
Bottom right corner of Kindle. Just move the magnet around and you can find the ideal location.
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #65
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobert View Post
Bottom right corner of Kindle. Just move the magnet around and you can find the ideal location.
Awesome. Got a magnetized probe out of my toolkit, found it right away. I'll have to rig something if I keep the PW.

(Bright side of hanging out on these forums due to PW woes: have learned quite a few tricks and tips.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #66
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Awesome. Got a magnetized probe out of my toolkit, found it right away. I'll have to rig something if I keep the PW.

(Bright side of hanging out on these forums due to PW woes: have learned quite a few tricks and tips.)
The hall-effect magnetic sensor is on the right side of the screen, about one inch (2-3cm) above the bottom edge of the screen. You can read its status using a simple linux command (script, on screen terminal, or SSH command prompt) if a hack wants to use it for purposes other than sleep/wake.

The light does a slow fade out/fade in when a magnet is moved over the sensor.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote