Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can the Fire Use the Cloud Drive?

I have 20gb of space on my could Drive in addition to my music library. I had thought the Kindle Fire could access this cloud so that if I uploaded a video, or some comic files or some pictures I could at the very least Download the content to the kindle. But I don't see a way to do this, there is no App in the store for the cloud drive. And you can not download from a browser. Anyone know if this is possible?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
you have to go through the browser to connect to the cloud drive. You'd have thought Amazon would have given us an easier way since they are pushing cloud. Hopefully that will be remedied in the near future.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
covfam
Addict
covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod Touch,Ipad3,Kindle fire, Samsung Galaxy tab, Samsung Galaxy S3
yes i agree i wish i could have a cloud app on my computer instead of always opening up the browser because sometimes when im surfing the web a poorly coded advertisment locks up my IE browser and i have to restart everything including the cloud player

in my phone i can just use the mp3 app from amazon but not on my pc
covfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Not true for music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
you have to go through the browser to connect to the cloud drive. You'd have thought Amazon would have given us an easier way since they are pushing cloud. Hopefully that will be remedied in the near future.
When you enter the Music screen, there is a choice on the top row to tap "Cloud" or "Device." You do not have to use the browser.

The browser is very bad in my opinion.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
When you enter the Music screen, there is a choice on the top row to tap "Cloud" or "Device." You do not have to use the browser.

The browser is very bad in my opinion.
Opera Mini is going on mine.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But you cannot download from the browser I tried, i have a video in the video folder and it does not see it, documents in the doc folder are visible but will not Download. This needs to be adressed because of the limited space you absolutely need to have access to the cloud drive
Old 11-16-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From my understanding, i haven't received my fire yet, but on the Amazon Kindle forum in order gain access to the Cloud Drive where your files other your music is you had to go through the browser and select See your Cloud file, click on the folder where the file is and there is a little box you check, up top there are 4 buttons one says download. That should download it to your fire.

1. Select arrow show all department and then select Your Cloud Drive.
2. Select See Your Cloud Drive files
3. Select Folder: Documents, Music, Pictures or Videos
4. Check the box of the file you want to download
5. Select Download button up top.

Last edited by beckywc; 11-16-2011 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Edit to make list.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
From my understanding, i haven't received my fire yet, but on the Amazon Kindle forum in order gain access to the Cloud Drive where your files other your music is you had to go through the browser and select See your Cloud file, click on the folder where the file is and there is a little box you check, up top there are 4 buttons one says download. That should download it to your fire.
Yep did that but the file will not download
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #9
beckywc
Addict

Wow, then I don't know I'd contact customer service, because that's a major issue. We should be able to gain access to that drive.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
You have to long press on the file you want to download. Then select Save Link. It'll start to download. Select the menu icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on Downloads and the file is there.

Edit: You'll also get a notification when the download is complete. It'll appear next to your Kindle's name. Top left corner of the screen.

Last edited by SCION; 11-16-2011 at 12:27 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You have to long press on the file you want to download. Then select Save Link. It'll start to download. Select the menu icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on Downloads and the file is there.

Edit: You'll also get a notification when the download is complete. It'll appear next to your Kindle's name. Top left corner of the screen.
Nope I have an MP4 file up there it does not work, DL's Cloudbin file not the actual mp4
Old 11-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
It works I tried it with an MP4. You have to click on the file it should open in the Gallery app and play it. Don't let the name of the file throw you off. Just click it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Has anyone figure out how to use the Personal Documents cloud on the Fire? I can send the book to my Fire from my MYK page but I cannot access it on the Device Book section.

Also my Kindle fire has a separate email address then both my Kindles. I thought it was too be the same email address on all Kindles now?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote