Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #121
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiolgn View Post
Can you point that post for me?

Qualls, I have tried that without success, but thanks for the help!
ADB still can't find my device
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...113048&page=17 post 242.

That manual method works for me in Win7 and a few others

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #122
Caiolgn
Caiolgn began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Ahh..

Did it everything 100%. Still can't access the market
"A server error has occurred. Retry or cancel and return to the previous screen"

Last edited by Caiolgn; 02-21-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Caiolgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #123
p4r4d0x42
p4r4d0x42 began at the beginning.

Device: IQ Pocket 701
HI,
first and for most i would like to thank coredump for this awesome repack and thread. I have noticed that some of you like myself have been having trouble with the android id. Once you follow the instructions and give it an id, while you can browse the market nothing will download. I figured out what the issue was on my end. I used the ID from my Samsung Galaxy S. This while allowing the market to browse apps, it would cause the downloads to fail. This could be due to it being on froyo or some other such issue. Following the instructions left in the first post using the emulator to generate an Android ID solved my issue asap. I used the new id and over wrote the old one. Now not only do i have a working market but since my purchases are tied to my google account, i can download what ever i purchased though my phone to my IQ 701. Just thought I would leave this here so it may help others in this situation.
p4r4d0x42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #124
Caiolgn

It won't work.
Keep getting "download was unsuccessful" on Market. Solved my last problem by creating a new gmail account. Apparently, each gmail account has an individual androidId number. If you get an androidId with another gmail/google account, it will work only with that gmail/google account
Unfortunately, I still can't download anything
Ps: got my androidId using the emulator
Old 02-25-2011, 11:30 AM   #125
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
It won't work.
Keep getting "download was unsuccessful" on Market. Solved my last problem by creating a new gmail account. Apparently, each gmail account has an individual androidId number. If you get an androidId with another gmail/google account, it will work only with that gmail/google account
Unfortunately, I still can't download anything
Ps: got my androidId using the emulator
are you using startup auditor by any chance? If you do, enable everything and try downloading again. If not, I am not sure why you are having problem.

Cheers
Advert
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #126
Caiolgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
are you using startup auditor by any chance? If you do, enable everything and try downloading again. If not, I am not sure why you are having problem.

Cheers
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not. I followed Coredump-EE's steps on page 1 exactly

thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #127
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, I'm not. I followed Coredump-EE's steps on page 1 exactly

thanks
Just thinking out loud here .... where are you located? Could it be one of those google android market geo-restriction?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #128
larryw
larryw began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Thank you Repack for the experimental build. Its stable and noticeably faster, I now have the market (one stop download and install - cool). Only 2 things that didn't work after install was Doggcatcher (doesn't like the JIT - if you come up with a way to disable JIT for a time that would be great - Im using Podkast instead of Doggcatcher for now. The other thing that didnt work is Kindle but I only have one book on Kindle anyway and Aldiko and the built in reader work just fine. For those having problems with market et al. DO A FACTORY RESET before you install repeat DO A FACTORY RESET. Once you have the android id copied over REBOOT your Pocketbook before going to market.

GREAT build and much thanks. Who needs Froyo :-)
Winston Lawrence
larryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #129
Caiolgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Just thinking out loud here .... where are you located? Could it be one of those google android market geo-restriction?
It could be.. I live in Brazil
Old 03-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #130
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Brazil is already in the Market.

(Spanish link)
http://www.smart-gsm.com/blog/androi...mexico-brasil/
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #131
RuskiReader
RuskiReader began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
hi. i'm getting my Pocketbook tomorrow, so i've been reading up on what upgrades i should perform to get better performance. this repack looks good, but i have a question: does it support other languages? i'm in Russia, so it Russian language would be essential. do you get an option to change languages or is it english only? thanks.
RuskiReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 PM   #132
tHeFiRsTiDioT
Random Reader of Rubbish
tHeFiRsTiDioT began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v, Sony PRS 505, HTC Incredible, Pocketbook IQ
Coredump - I just installed your repack, it installed fine. However, when it boots, it shows that launcherpro has stopped unexpectedly and offers the force close option. If I do that, it goes into a loop with the same thing happening. Any suggestions?

Edit: Scratch that. I just restored to the 2.0.2 firmware and then installed your repack again and it worked fine

Last edited by tHeFiRsTiDioT; 03-05-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: problem solved!
tHeFiRsTiDioT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #133
UrbanNightmare
Enthusiast
UrbanNightmare began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Starting download... never starts

I've created three separate android ID's. Two using existing gmail accounts and one with a brand new gmail account. Each time I've updated the gls.db with no errors. When I launch the market I select a app to install and then it just sits there with the starting download... and never actually starts. I've have a wifi connection active and can surf around just fine. Any body have any idea as to why?

I'm running the repack 20110118.1.

edit:

I also should mention that the Sync icon in the bar never goes away no matter what account I use.

Edit again:
So it turns out my boss started blocking almost all outgoing ports on the firewall with out me knowing. He's trying to block some people with bit torrents going. Just had to change the gateway so it wasn't blocked and it started working.

Urban Nightmare

Last edited by UrbanNightmare; 03-10-2011 at 05:33 PM.
UrbanNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #134
larryw
larryw began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
Market stuck in download

FWIW. I see this occasionally, where I am downloading from the market and it just appears to 'hang'. If I 'reboot' the PocketBook IQ 701 it seems to clear up and either restarts/starts the download in the background when the Pocketbook comes back up. Note: The 'hang' is the download not appearing to make any progression - the Pocketbook itself seems to be otherwise, working just fine, when this happens.
-Winston

Last edited by larryw; 03-14-2011 at 10:28 AM. Reason: spelling
larryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #135
nick88
nick88 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Will there be a firmware repack of 2.0.5 with opengl and dalvik?
nick88 is offline   Reply With Quote