Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #46
Oreocat
Oreocat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
You didn't do a factory reset. It wipes your /data and removes all settings that may have been left over from the repack.
Actually, yes I did, twice I'm going to look for the stock firmware, which I really think is where I messed up, but just in case, I'LL also try a factory reset it again.
Oreocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #47
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreocat View Post
Actually, yes I did, twice I'm going to look for the stock firmware, which I really think is where I messed up, but just in case, I'LL also try a factory reset it again.
My apologies. This is the stock 2.0.3 firmware which you can also find on the PB homepage.
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #48
Oreocat
Oreocat began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 701
Quote:
My apologies. This is the stock 2.0.3 firmware which you can also find on the PB homepage.
Eh, no problem, I did say I was a step above a novice

Thanks for the link, I actually think it's something to do with my sd card now. I tried a different one and was able to access the books using both programs, so that's a clue in the right direction!

If I can figure it out, and it is the card, since I have a new one en route from Newegg, when it arrives, I'll be trying your repack again, because it is wonderful! I really appreciate all your hard work and effort in making the repack.

Thank so much for your patience and help
Oreocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #49
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
For those who want to try their hand at the GL hack, I've put together an experimental repack. It's untested and might be unstable.
Coredump-EE,

stability is fine. Installation of this did mess up the ability to download apps from the android market.

I can see the apps on the market, can pick them and start the install process ... but the app never gets downloaded.

Can you check and see if this is the case on your IQ?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #50
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Coredump-EE,

stability is fine. Installation of this did mess up the ability to download apps from the android market.

I can see the apps on the market, can pick them and start the install process ... but the app never gets downloaded.

Can you check and see if this is the case on your IQ?

Cheers
Works over here.
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #51
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I installed the experimental repack over what I did before so the download did not work.

When I started over fresh with the repack, it works

Cheers
Old 01-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #52
mpak
mpak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Nice Job, Coredump-EE.
Just 1 question that bothers me, before installing it.
What languages r included in this firmware?

English only? Or i can select localization after installing?
Thans in advance. And thanx for your work mate. You made all of us happy.
mpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #53
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

It should contain the same languages you would expect from the original PB firmware.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #54
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

See post #1 for a new experimental version which includes the fast JIT compiler in addition to the newer GL driver.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #55
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
See post #1 for a new experimental version which includes the fast JIT compiler in addition to the newer GL driver.
what do you mean by need a factory reset?

Is it after the installation of the firmware or before the installation?

Cheers
Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #56
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
what do you mean by need a factory reset?

Is it after the installation of the firmware or before the installation?

Cheers
Before. Or just wipe the dalvik cache.

Code:
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
adb shell reboot
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #57
hiaig
Addict

also, did you package z4root in the repack? I did not see it there?

Cheers
Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #58
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
also, did you package z4root in the repack? I did not see it there?

Cheers
It's not there because it's not needed. The firmware is rooted as is.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #59
bored66
bored66 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
Coredump-EE, nice job, thank you so much!
Works like charm over fresh 2.0.2, market and all..no problem
even managed install tts off it ..even though PB themselves promising
it only in feb..
a coupla problems still trying to solve though
if i run AngryBirds i e - i dont see some graphics, mostly looks like text is not being rendered properly
can it b relatd to video accelerator you incorporated?
another problem is inherited from the original built i think, but m b you have it solved
somehow? - the device doesnt see hidden wifi networks
if you look in the ddms you'd see it is in fact seeing it, but not wanting to connect
for some reason
thanks a lot once more!

Last edited by bored66; 01-20-2011 at 09:05 AM.
bored66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #60
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored66 View Post
Coredump-EE, nice job, thank you so much!
Works like charm over fresh 2.0.2, market and all..no problem
even managed install tts off it ..even though PB themselves promising
it only in feb..
a coupla problems still trying to solve though
if i run AngryBirds i e - i dont see some graphics, mostly looks like text is not being rendered properly
can it b relatd to video accelerator you incorporated?
Um, AngryBirds is a slide show over here, not useable at all.
The new GL driver is only in the experimental firmware, not the stable one. But yes, it is possible that it is causing tearing and corruption.

Quote:
another problem is inherited from the original built i think, but m b you have it solved
somehow? - the device doesnt see hidden wifi networks
if you look in the ddms you'd see it is in fact seeing it, but not wanting to connect
for some reason
thanks a lot once more!
This is a very frustrating problem for me as well, but it's not PB specific. My Google G1 mobile (running Cyanogen 5.*) has the same problem. It appears to be a bug deep inside android. Haven't heard about a solution so far.