Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #34936
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
There is not a cloud in the sky (I thought a big storm was coming). The world looks like a camera filter has been applied, and I am seeing stars because I glanced at the sun. D'oh.

So dopey, shoulda remembered it was coming.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #34937
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
If you can climb inside one of the pyramids then do it. It was amazing seeing what the stone looked like and how they were joined.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #34938
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's hard to imagine that when they were new, they were all covered with smooth marble that has long since been carried off. There are so many pyramids that didn't survive their own engineering and collapsed in on themselves too, now buried deeply under the sands. We missed out seeing a lot of amazing sights simply because we were born too late...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #34939
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's hard to imagine that when they were new, they were all covered with smooth marble that has long since been carried off. There are so many pyramids that didn't survive their own engineering and collapsed in on themselves too, now buried deeply under the sands. We missed out seeing a lot of amazing sights simply because we were born too late...

Stitchawl
But if we had been born then, we'd have probably died building one of them...

Right now I am girding my loins for bed.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #34940
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
But if we had been born then, we'd have probably died building one of them...
Oh... yeah... I hadn't thought about that part. Bummer.....

Stitchawl
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #34941
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Feeding the cat.

Step one - wash cat's bowl and move to kitchen to get food.

Step two - notice the Gecko on the kitchen floor before the cat does, but fail to react quickly enough.

Step three - grab cat by tail (because cat's reaction time is quick) and remove him to another room and shut door.

Step four - spend a stoopidd amount of time chasing gecko around kitchen floor (usually I am Pretty good at catching to rescue lizards).

Step five - finally catch gecko minus wriggling tail, and remove it to the garden.

Step six - let the cat out who eats the tail and complains about the rest of the gecko missing.

Step seven - put cat meat into cat bowl and give to cat.
Aren't you missing a step where the gecko tries to sell you car insurance.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #34942
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
<snip>

Right now I am trying to figure out what that means...
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #34943
PainMike
the Gusto Gargoyle
PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PainMike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy A5
Waking kiddo for school. Feeding the furry razorball. Readying for cr*p warm gray/grey low overcast, grocery and then back at typing lathe.
PainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #34944
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
putting his pyjama pants on??
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #34945
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Quote:
I think it means we don't EVER want to meet his wife...

Stitchawl
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #34946
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:46 AM   #34947
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Reading Mobileread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 AM   #34948
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
panicking. lots of things to do, little time.

on the other hand, being in infatuation is giving me good feelings
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #34949
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I think it means we don't EVER want to meet his wife...

I'm sure you get the gist, but girding your loins according to Wikipedia means:

"The term "gird one's loins" was used in the Roman Era meaning to pull up and tie one's lower garments between one's legs to increase one's mobility in battle. In the modern age, it has become an idiom meaning to prepare oneself for the worst."

So I guess Stitchy was right . Although these days it tends to be used colloquially just to say that you are getting ready to go/leave.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #34950
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
on the other hand, being in infatuation is giving me good feelings
Care to elaborate...?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?