Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
paddlesnz1
paddlesnz1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Marking books as read in Calibre

Is it possible to mark your books as read in your Calibre library.
I was thinking along the lines of being able to click on a button to show the book information row as a different color. MS Excel has the ability to choose and click on a color for the whole row. Can Calibre do this? Than you.
paddlesnz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlesnz1 View Post
I was thinking along the lines of being able to click on a button to show the book information row as a different color. MS Excel has the ability to choose and click on a color for the whole row. Can Calibre do this? Than you.
I just add a yes/no column and mark read books that way.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Once you add a yes/no column like Hamlet53 suggests, then you can specify colouring for a column, like the book title (not the whole row unfortunately), based on whether or not the book has been read. The calibre blog has examples and walks you through how to create custom columns and column colouring.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I just use the rating system. If a book has no stars, it hasn't been read.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Same here.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I do it 2 ways. Only add a rating once I have read it, and add 0read0 to the tag. I use 0 rather than o, because it is hard to confuse with something else.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I just add a yes/no column and mark read books that way.
Me, too.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I add a tag in the tag column called "read." Then when I want to only show the books that I haven't read (which I often want to do because I only keep unread books on my reader), I can use this filter in the search box:

not(tags:"=read")

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #9
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
I've been doing that, too, but when I added a new Baen book the other day, it seemed to give itself 4 stars immediately.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums properly. Calibre questions belong in the Calibre forum. Thread moved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I've been doing that, too, but when I added a new Baen book the other day, it seemed to give itself 4 stars immediately.
The metadata can be configured to 'not' download ratings. Click on the 'gear' icon.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
The metadata can be configured to 'not' download ratings. Click on the 'gear' icon.
Cheers for that, always bugged me how I had to delete the ratings every time I downloaded metadata, now I don't need to
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #13
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Lazy ? Let K3 do it for you

Quote:
Hi paddlesnz1
This is not quite what you ask for, but it might help after all.
I guess you have a K3 (Kindle keyboard) ?
So do I. The K3 keeps track of reading progress, and this can be used to update custom column in Calibre.
Things have changed though since the following Instructions were written.
If you have newest Firmware 3.4 on your K3 AND you use the new combined KF8 format for books it wont work.
Anyways - you could check this link out
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137

Oh, and welcome to "our world"

Cheers,
Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
paddlesnz1
paddlesnz1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Thanks to all.

I added an extra column titled Read Books.

I then went to Preferences, Change Calibre Behavior, Column Coloring.
I then added rules for each column telling it to change to a color eg:red when I put in the word Read in the new column (ie: Read Books column).

It works well.
paddlesnz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #15
KlausRegenbrecht
Connoisseur
KlausRegenbrecht began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Yes, just as I do! And I ad an comment at metadata!

Klaus
KlausRegenbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote