Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
maf_jclark
maf_jclark began at the beginning.

Device: none
Adding TOC anchor links to Markdown/TXT output

I'm converting an ePub book to txt/markdown - then I'm using a markdown converter to output HTML. I'm wondering how to enable links from the table of contents to the heading in the HTML file.

I see that the markdown converter uses the 'toc' extension, and the 'toc' extension allows an option for 'anchorlink' : True. See the extension's usage page for details.

I'd like to know how to enable this for my ePub to markdown conversion. Is it possible without recompiling Calibre?

Thanks,
Jay
maf_jclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
maf_jclark
maf_jclark began at the beginning.

Device: none
I also tried to put something in the toc.py config (?) file in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\calibre\conversi on\toc.py

This is what I put in that file.

Code:
{
  'anchorlink' : True,
}
That didn't work...
maf_jclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you want to make changes to calibre source code, you need to follow the instructions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, markdown, toc creation