Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
amerryman
Reader Newb
amerryman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Mp3 upload or Podcast Recipie

I was just thinking I don't really use the mp3 function on my prs-505 very much because it doesn't have very good playlist function, not to mention the button control.. but why not?

I don't listen much to music but why not podcasts? in mp3 format or other the reader is designed to provide information and digestion of news and books.

What do you say Kovid? Think you could finagle adding support for podcasts or mp3 recipes from regular location such as:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8132577/
amerryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know the reader firmware has no way of grouping multiple mp3 files into a single "document"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
amerryman
Reader Newb
amerryman began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
This is true, as of right now I'm just using the Sony supplied software to upload individually downloaded podcasts to the reader.

I hadn't even really considered the possibility of grouping files in to a "document" for the reader to access. On that note I know that some RSS feeds that have audio links or video do not play (for obvious reasons - as the Reader was not designed for this purpose)

I guess to narrow down my request I was searching for a sort of mp3 upload implementation in Calibre so I can COMPLETELY manage my reader without the use of the Sony Software

As of now when adding a file, or drag and drop the process of uploading fails because it is not an expected file format.

Last edited by amerryman; 08-06-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: spelling errors
amerryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll add mp3 as a supported format for upload in the next release
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Deadalus
Deadalus began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
I would love to see that feature for mp3. Like to listen to mp3 and follow along on the written page at the same time. At the moment, I must use Sony's software to upload mp3 to my reader. The problem is when I use Sony's software, it messes with my Caliber setup on the reader. Any suggestions?
Deadalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can just copy the mp3 files using windows explorer. Unfortunately, adding support for it to calibre is more work than I thought at first, so it will have to wait