Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
ulatz
ulatz began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
Screen stuck at loading

I bought my reader last May and fell in love with it. Lately, since I was busy I didn't use it that much. Few days ago when noticing that the battery has drained, I hooked it and re-charge it via USB. I left it overnight (not intentionally as I fell asleep ) When I unhooked it the next morning, I get the usual USB connected but this time it was stuck at that particular screen. More than 10 minutes later, it was still stuck at that screen. I then slide off the power hoping to turn it off, but nothing happened. And kept trying for the next few minutes with no success. It flashed the loading screen for a fraction then it went dead. Tried the whole day and night turning it up again (even hooking it up to PC) but all I got was few yellow flashes and the screen remain empty.

So I decided to do a soft-reset. Then I turn it on again. This time I get the starting up screen and after few seconds it took me to the loading screen. It showed the loading icon and the background info were all showing 0 data. No books at all. Not even in my SD. It remained in the loading screen and after a while, it went off. Tried turning it on again, it starts off then gets to loading screen and stayed there. With every attempt, I noticed the deterioration of the displayed screen (e.g. vertical lines/stripes) and stuck at loading. Can anybody please help me make sense just what happen to my reader? Can it be saved?

Thank you so much in advance
ulatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Did the PC turn off or go to sleep by any chance? It probably didn't charge. Sounds like the battery is flat. That's how mine acts when that is the case.

Do you have an A/C charger by any chance? You can get an off branch PSP charger and use that. Charges much faster and you don't have to worry about leaving your PC on all night.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 02-23-2009 at 11:17 AM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #3
ulatz

No my PC was on all the time but I'll try using my PSP charger to charge it. hopefully it will solve the problem. Thank you
Old 02-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
staticradar
staticradar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Mine did this recently and the only way I was able to fix it was by formatting the drive. It was still showing up as a drive when I plugged it into my computer, but it wasn't showing up as a reader. So I right clicked the drive in My Computer and chose format, let it format it and then it worked, I lost all my files but it's worked fine ever since. Hope that helps if the psp charger doesn't.
staticradar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
ulatz

Thank God for this forum charging it with the PSP charger has somehow solve the problem. Thank you so much.
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
vv01f2009
vv01f2009 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Status 8 mins to do 1179 books.
vv01f2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
smcquitery
smcquitery began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
reader screen stuck in initializing... pocket edge screen frozen with three dots lit up fourth one is dark been this way weeks tried resetting already
smcquitery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #8
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Again, try recharging using a mains charger; either the sony one or a PSP charger. Being "bricked" is usually a symptom of a low battery, for which the solution is a mains charge. For some odd reason, charging from the computer just isn't as effective. Sony really should ship chargers with their ereaders.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #9
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Again, try recharging using a mains charger; either the sony one or a PSP charger. Being "bricked" is usually a symptom of a low battery, for which the solution is a mains charge. For some odd reason, charging from the computer just isn't as effective. Sony really should ship chargers with their ereaders.
Wow, Sony making Pocket Edge readers now... Bad Sony for not supplying PSUs for other people'ss readers...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2

Silly me!
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #11
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post

Silly me!
To be fair, you weren't the OP who posted a Pocket Edge query in a Sony Forum...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
To be fair, you weren't the OP who posted a Pocket Edge query in a Sony Forum...
In 2009!!......
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #13
elcreative
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
In 2009!!......
Sorry... didn't mean OP, meant the thread necrophiliac of 20th of October 2012 OK...