Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #76
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't know how to do it, but the last page of the manual says the batter is replaceable. So, I assume that means the user can do it.

Then again I didn't see anything in the manual that tells you how to change it.

BOb
"Power — AC power adapter and replaceable, rechargeable lithium polymer battery."

Okay, now how do you get the back off to replace it? Or, God forbid, do you actually have to send it in to have this done? No, not even amazon would be that cruel........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #77
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Okay, now how do you get the back off to replace it? Or, God forbid, do you actually have to send it in to have this done? No, not even amazon would be that cruel........
People wanted the Kindle to be more like the iPod
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #78
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
only 1.4 available to user, much to little for my better half, she thinks she needs to store every book on her Kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think 2gig is a good thing. Adding in an SD card will use even more battery life.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #79
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
"Power — AC power adapter and replaceable, rechargeable lithium polymer battery."

I can't imagine they would say replacable without the user being able to do it. Then again, I don't have the best imagination.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #80
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
How fast is the joystick navigation? How long time does it take to got to a word in the middle of a page? Will you be annoyed by the slowness as I am with the Cybook?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #81
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How do you replace the battery???
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #82
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'm surprised Kindle doesn't have pdf support yet...I figured the II would have advanced in that arena
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #83
goople
goople began at the beginning.

Device: treo
USA area only.........when Chinese can use this device ?
goople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #84
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
How fast is the joystick navigation? How long time does it take to got to a word in the middle of a page? Will you be annoyed by the slowness as I am with the Cybook?
The Epson controller is supposed to make this kind of stuff very fast. However, I have not yet seen a video that shows off the screen navigation yet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #85
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goople View Post
Or Canada or Europe or Australia?

Good question, no answer.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #86
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Well, if they go with access to mobile phones, that'd be one reason to upgrade to a Blackberry I suppose. I was already looking at one when it comes time to update our contract in June. The lack of SD card or some sort of external storage disappoints me, but at the same time, I am still concerned about the "amazon has everything" factor, as demonstrated by the exclusive Stephen King story.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #87
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by goople View Post
Hello, goople, and welcome to MobileRead.

Let us know what you like to read, and look at the books here for downloading.

Lots of good information here, friendly people, dont' be afraid to ask question, or enter a discussion.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #88
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The Epson controller is supposed to make this kind of stuff very fast. However, I have not yet seen a video that shows off the screen navigation yet.
Is it confirmed that it is the Epson controller? I thought just 20% faster page turn was to little for it to be the Epson controller. I looked at two videos also but did not see how fast it was.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #89
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm back. I haven't read all the posts yet. If I don't answer your question I'll get to it tomorrow.

I was told that other devices meant "mobile phones". I heard this from an Amazon exec.

I have a video of the TTS voice on my digital camera. I need to downconvert the video so I can upload it. I can't do that until tomorrow. The TTS can be both male and female, and it has 3 speeds. It is significantly better than the MSReader voice. TTS will not be on the Kindle 1.

Roger Sperberg(spell?) of TeleRead was here. He got invited the same way I did: persistence.

It may have been said before, but "Whispersync" does indeed sync data over Whispernet. This is a feature that should be on the Kindle 1.

The 2 little notches on the left side are where the Kindle's cover attaches. This is for the Amazon branded cover; the Cole Haan ones use elastic at the corners.

I really don't know about the joystick. I found that I needed to concentrate on it in order to use it right. But I do like that the buttons have been changed. All the buttons now click on the inside edge, not the outside. This should help reduce accidental button presses.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #90
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well son of a duck... we missed you girl.

BOb
That would be "Daughter of Duck", thank you very much! I'm all a Kindle-fire so I had to waddle back in.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote