Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!
ChristineLibbey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Kentucky Charm by Christine Anne Libbey

Want to read something laugh out loud funny this weekend? Then read my book 'Kentucky Charm'

http://www.amazon.com/Kentucky-Charm...3631025&sr=8-1

Krissy Harrow, an equine veterinarian, has a new neighbor!

Suspicious of the mystery man next door, Krissy sneaks onto his property. But she gets into more trouble than she bargained for when Trevor Wright, a reclusive polo-playing millionaire, catches her in the act. But Trevor isn’t the only one watching…
Kentucky Charm is a witty, fast-paced, laugh-out-loud romance mystery sure to brighten up your day!

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by ChristineLibbey; 10-03-2015 at 02:15 PM.
ChristineLibbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

A hot blonde polo player? A mystery? Horses? Check!

Witty Dialogue and Fast Paced Action? Check!

Read Kentucky Charm now that it's the start of Polo and Racing Season

Last edited by ChristineLibbey; 04-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #3
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

Two weeks till Kentucky Derby! Get your horse book now!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

From a five star review of Kentucky Charm....

"I start a lot of books, but rarely do I finish them. Kentucky Charm held my attention from start to finish. It was a fun read and great escape from my every day life."
Old 05-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

Kentucky Derby is this weekend! Which horse are you betting on to win? I'm picking Hansen!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

The fact that we are almost done with May (and the Kentucky Derby) makes me oddly depressed. Do you guys feel the same way? But I know what will cheer you up! Read Kentucky Charm
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

How was Memorial Day Weekend everyone? It's sad that this weekend is not a holiday....but.....if you want a fun book to read that will make you laugh out loud....then Kentucky Charm is for you!
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

Just a heads up...My next book is coming up!!!
Old 10-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

It's so cold, you need a good book to curl up with! Time to buy Kentucky Charm!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #10
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

My book "Kentucky Charm" is now a part of the Kindle Unlimited Program so members can read it for free!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
ChristineLibbey
Bam! Pow! Zap!

I got the best review in the entire world....

"Kentucky Charm is a fun romance novel with a comedic twist. I have never read a book like this before, but it was such a blast to get through. I found myself laughing much more than I originally anticipated I would when I picked this book up. I thought it'd just be a romance novel with a few laughs- but was definitely the kind of book that had me smiling much more than a few times. The book is about Krissy Harrow- a horse veterinarian, who, curious of her new neighbor, sneaks into his yard to find herself causing all kinds of neighborly shenanigans. She catches the attention of a local millionaire, Trevor Wright- and others as well.

Defined as a 'romance mystery', this book definitely takes a twist on the traditional romance novel. Krissy the main character is just a fun character to read about. She's relatable in a lot of ways and I think the fact that you kind of cringe and laugh at her actions at the same time makes her so appealing. We've all been caught doing something we wished we wouldn't have and we've all been in awkward positions. The realism of Krissy and just her genuine personality in general made her a really likable main character to me. She's not your traditional romance damsel in distress, but I really appreciated that.

The book does have some sex scenes- but nothing explicit. They're clean and fun. Definitely not like other more severe erotica books I've reviewed, but I really enjoyed the toned down version. It's the kind of book that could easily be read by people of all ages who want a classy- not risque, romance novel. But even more than that- if you're merely looking for a book that will brighten your day and put a smile on your face, Kentucky Charm is a great option. There are some hilarious comedy scenes in the novel that had me literally laughing out loud on the city bus while I read.

The mystery plot keeps you on your toes though, and even amidst the overall fun of this book there is a good story behind it. It's smart and well-written, and although you'll laugh so hard you'll cry- you might cry in other ways as well. Just overall such a unique book. Unlike any romance novel I've ever read. I loved the up-beatness of it, the cleanliness of the romance aspect, and the likable Krissy who makes the entire story definitely worth reading."

Tags
horse mystery, horse romance, kentucky derby