Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Rooney143
Rooney143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Cool Please help me fix my sons Kindle Fire

My son bought his Kindle Fire from his friend and it worked fine until one day he came to me and said it won't come on anymore. When you turn it on the Kindle Fire logo page comes on then it shuts right off and it keeps doing that over and over again..Please help
Rooney143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Since you haven't mentioned the things you've tried, let's start at the basics....plug it in and charge it overnight and then try again. They can get rather wonky when low on battery.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How old is Son? Did he Drop it?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
You can call Kindle Support - they will talk you through some diagnostic procedures to see if it is dead & needs replacing - they are very nice when dealing with "dead" devices.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #5
Rooney143
Rooney143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have tried charging it, it still does the same thing. I did find out that it was bricked when he bought it which I really don't know what that means and somebody said it may have been unbricked for some reason it was in his backpack and whenever he pulled it out it was messed up like that it has TWRP on it whatever that is i can get to the TWRP part but I don't know what to do after that it says it has no operating system. so somehow in his backpack it must have gotten erased or something the operating system I mean so I just need to know how to put that back on or what to do in the TWRP part.
Rooney143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 01:18 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Your son or a friend tried to Hack it... I dont think it can be fixed. IF it under warrenty contact Amazon they Might replace it.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
eumie
Enthusiast
eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eumie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 4, Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kindle Oasis 2
If you can get into TWRP, you can likely flash a new operating system onto it. You can go to the Kindle Fire section of XDA forums to find one of the android ROMs for the Fire, or if you want to revert to the original OS, they have a version there that can be installed with TWRP. Make sure you know which version of Fire you have, because it's important to install the right ROM.
eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Download the latest update from the Amazon support pages, and rename the .bin to a .zip. If you can boot into TWRP, you can easily just plug it into the computer, go into the drive that pops up, and then push the update.

Format the system, data, and cache partitions before doing so.

And then you'll be good to go.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle fire