Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
eewild
eewild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch 2.1.5 Newly sideloaded books don't appear in library even though processed

With the new firmware I've tried to add new books to my SD card and the Kobo apparently processes content but the books never appear in the library. I tried moving the books from the SD card to the actual Kobo. It spent 10 minutes processing and then there wasn't a single book on it. I also tried to send a book from Calibre, but the same thing happened.
eewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Try turning off your reader and then turn it back on with the card in--I have noticed that sometimes when I put the card in, the reader doesn't "see" and process it unless I wake it up. If you don't see the spinning icon that tells you it's reading your card, then maybe your card is the problem. Mine works fine on the same version.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
eewild
eewild began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
The rest of the books on the card that were there before the update can be seen. I also tried putting the books on the Kobo itself and none appeared.
eewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try a signout from the Account page on the device and then redo the setup. Sounds like a corrupted database (which will be dropped on the signout).

The sideloaded books will stay in the internal memory / SD card and should be readded after the setup has been completed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote