Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
Coolreader in rooted Prs T1 export all highlighted text in epub without limits?

Hi,
it's been several days that I'm trying to find out how Coolreader or any other app installed in rooted Sony Prs-T1 manage the exporting of highlighted text.

It's known that the original Sony Reader has a limit of 200 characters, and I also think that the book.db file that contains notes and highlighted text doesn't manage very well its contents (if I open it with SQLiteSpy I see that still keeps marked text that I already deleted).

Could someone having Coolreader installed in rooted Sony Prs-T1 tell please how it works with the export of highlighted text?
Is there a limit of number of characters?
Can it export them to an rtf or Word document?
Where does it keep the notes and highlights, in a db file too?

There is a lot of people interested in that question (the possibility of exporting all highlighted text of not DRM'ed ebooks with Sony PRS-T1) but for the moment I wasn't able to find an answer and I would like to put an end to my search, before going crazy...
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Talayero; 04-10-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
I didn't even know that you could create highlights or notes in CoolReader, but I tried it and found that you actually can. Good.

No idea about exporting, but I'd appreciate if anyone knew.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Talayero
Talayero began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars E Reader
Good news!
I tried Coolreader in a rooted Sony and you can export the whole selected text. I selected one whole page and it exported the whole text without limits.

I don't know if it will be able to export (memory issue) all the marked text in a book of 500 pages, but you can definitely export all the notes and text every 20 or 30 pages, for instance, just in case it doesn't manage to cope with a lot of pages.

Bad news!
The highlight in last versions of Coolreader doesn't allow for transparency. That's to say: it's black in the Sony screen and you can't read the marked text. In prior versions (for instance 3.0.55.43) there's no highlighted, just underlined text. So with this version you can export the text and you can read on screen the selected text.
I think it would be better to highlight properly the text, but I don't know if there's a way.
Talayero is offline   Reply With Quote