Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Which is consdered correct practice?

Code:
<a id="CH_1"></a>
<h2>CHAPTER 1.</h2>
or

Code:
<h2 id="CH_1">CHAPTER 1.</h2>
The reason I'm asking this is that I normally use the second format. On loading a file to Sigil, with TIDY on full, each

Code:
<h2 id="CH_#">
was changed to

Code:
<h2 id="00002">
Problem with TIDY or should I revert to the first format?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Code:
<a id="CH_1"></a>
<h2>CHAPTER 1.</h2>
or

Code:
<h2 id="CH_1">CHAPTER 1.</h2>
The second is correct, the first is wrong, unless everything is wrapped in a <div>.

Quote:
The reason I'm asking this is that I normally use the second format. On loading a file to Sigil, with TIDY on full, each

Code:
<h2 id="CH_#">
was changed to

Code:
<h2 id="00002">
If I remember correctly, fragment names cannot start with a digit, so the second would be wrong.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

Code:
<h2 id="CH_#">
was changed to

Code:
<h2 id="00002">
Problem with TIDY or should I revert to the first format?
No, Sigil only adds ID's to headings that don't have them. And AFAIR it doesn't start the ID name with a digit.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sigil will replicate the ID (and fail at Flightcrew check) if you place the insert point at the beginning (BV) of a heading and hit return to insert blank lines
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote