Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #676
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
There's an option in the settings menu to turn off the "info box" - but it only works on the Sleep screen and is grayed out if you haven't selected full-size covers. With that combination, the Off screen doesn't change (black info box, "Powered off" and percentage) but the Sleeping screen does (white info box is gone).
Yes, I have the white box turned off but miss the % read I would really like the option to have the Touch version of the banner.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #677
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
There's a firmware update for the Kobo WiFi to 1.9.11.

[...]
Thanks David!

Have any brave souls tried this update yet? Any clue what it does (or purports to do)?
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #678
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
Thanks David!

Have any brave souls tried this update yet? Any clue what it does (or purports to do)?
I watche one Kobo WiFi automatically update. I didn't spend much time with it after the update so don't really know what it does and the owner hasn't mentioned any major changes or problems. As usual, Kobo is very silent on what changes were made.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #679
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Thanks David,

Maybe I'll give it a shot next week when I have a bit more time.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #680
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanK View Post
Maybe I'll give it a shot next week when I have a bit more time.
If you are using calibre, make sure you are up to date. The firmware changed a device id and I had to add that to the driver. Other than this, the people who reported the bug didn't see any problems with the update. And if it helps, there were both Mac and Windows users.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #681
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
On my newly bought Aura HD I have firmware 2.1, but the model is N204B. Which update should I download?
This is my first Kobo, so I have no idea about the variety of the models and updates of different models but on the first page I don't see my model listed?
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #682
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
On my newly bought Aura HD I have firmware 2.1, but the model is N204B. Which update should I download?
This is my first Kobo, so I have no idea about the variety of the models and updates of different models but on the first page I don't see my model listed?
To the best of my knowledge there is only one 'flavour' of AuraHD. In post #1 the various firmwares for the AuraHD are labelled 'Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD/Glo (N905C Model)' (the N905C is a late model of a Kobo Touch, I think).

Also, the firmware you currently have is probably 2.10.0 not 2.1.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #683
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
To the best of my knowledge there is only one 'flavour' of AuraHD. In post #1 the various firmwares for the AuraHD are labelled 'Mark 4 Hardware: Aura HD/Glo (N905C Model)' (the N905C is a late model of a Kobo Touch, I think).

Also, the firmware you currently have is probably 2.10.0 not 2.1.
Yes, you are right, firmware is 2.10. In Settings/Device information/Serial number it says N204B so I am probably wrongly assuming that is the model.
I downloaded 3.0.0 update, unzipped, copied it put it in .kobo directory, disconnected but nothing is happening. I powered if off and on, still no reaction
Old 12-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #684
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
Yes, you are right, firmware is 2.10. In Settings/Device information/Serial number it says N204B so I am probably wrongly assuming that is the model.
I downloaded 3.0.0 update, unzipped, copied it put it in .kobo directory, disconnected but nothing is happening. I powered if off and on, still no reaction
When you unzip the firmware file you should end up with 3 items:
KoboRoot.tgz (a file)
manifest.md5sum (a file)
upgrade (a directory)

These are the 3 items to drag into the .kobo directory on the AuraHD.

Then disconnect the AuraHD safely from the computer before unplugging the USB cable.

The Kobo should then think for a short while before starting to do it's upgrading - with suitable messages on the screen. You should eventually end up at the Home screen when it's finished.

P.S. Go to Settings - Device Information and look at 'Software version' to see whether the upgrade happened.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #685
Lady Stardust
User

Success!!! Thank you very much Jackie
Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #686
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi my Friends. Any news about the control of lightness that is reseted when we are under 10% with FW 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #687
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Some report that it has been solved in 3.1.0 but we are still waiting for the 3.1.0 link to appear.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #688
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi my Friends. Any news about the control of lightness that is reseted when we are under 10% with FW 3.0.0 and 3.0.1 ?
I resolved it resetting the Glo, updating to 2.6.2 and then to 3.0.0.
This solved also the no light at 1% after standby bug
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #689
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Firmware 3.1.0 download links

The links for the 3.1.0 firmware are:

Mark 4 (Aura HD, Glo)

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.1.0.zip

Mark 5 (Aura)

http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...date-3.1.0.zip

I have only tested these downloads on an Aura HD, Glo and Aura. While the Mark4 should load on a Touch N905C or a Mini, I have not tested this. Given the lack of support for the Mini in the last firmware release and the lack of a mark3 release for 3.1.0, it's definitely something to be done knowing that it may require a factory reset.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #690
Simba51
Simba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura aboutSimba51 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo & Kobo Mini
Good morning. I installed the new firmware 3.1.0 on my KOBO KOBO Glo and my Mini. Always display the problem on Home KOBO mini, book covers protruding from the screen. Always the problem of the light which comes on again after a standby sleep with sleep cover when the brightness setting is set to 1%. This is very annoying when reading at night in the dark and it is not set to at least 2%. By bug against the club eve when you do not touch the screen to open a watch seems to be finally fixed. Sorry for my english ...
Simba51 is offline   Reply With Quote