Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #136
duelle
duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duelle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle PW
Is there any way to adjust the amount of padding when removing blank space? Also, could we get the option in AWKCC to disable cropping?

Last edited by duelle; 05-09-2013 at 09:06 PM.
duelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #137
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by duelle View Post
Is there any way to adjust the amount of padding when removing blank space? Also, could we get the option in AWKCC to disable cropping?
No.

Maybe
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #138
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
In the Kindle Comic Converter, do I check 'Generate EPUB only' and then convert the CBR file? I don't check 'Manga mode' if it's a graphic novel, right?

Because I tried converting and I've added the file to Calibre and synced it to my Kindle Paperwhite but Panel View mode doesn't work.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 AM   #139
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Does anyone have any sample files that show Panel view? I've never seen it working.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:31 AM   #140
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Does anyone have any sample files that show Panel view? I've never seen it working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYt9Csz-QQ
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #141
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
In the Kindle Comic Converter, do I check 'Generate EPUB only' and then convert the CBR file? I don't check 'Manga mode' if it's a graphic novel, right?

Because I tried converting and I've added the file to Calibre and synced it to my Kindle Paperwhite but Panel View mode doesn't work.
You want MOBI file not EPUB. Uncheck Generate EPUB only. If option is disabled - you need KindleGen in system.

Yes. Manga mode is used only for content which is read from right.

Calibre can't create proper MOBI file from comic EPUB.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 05-10-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #142
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Bottom of post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...57&postcount=3
Old 05-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #143
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks! That looks really handy. I need to look into how to use this converter a bit closer!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #144
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
If option is disabled - you need KindleGen in system.
You mean if Panel View is disabled I need KindleGen?

Quote:
Calibre can't create proper MOBI file from comic EPUB.
So if I need MOBI and Calibre can't do that how do I convert my CBR/CBZ files?
Old 05-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #145
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Uncheck Generate EPUB only. Then KCC will convert your CBR/CBZ to MOBI format.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #146
Gazella
Wizard

Kindle Comic Converter v2.6 - convert CBZ/CBR/PDFs comics to PanelView Mobi

Quote:
Uncheck Generate EPUB only. Then KCC will convert your CBR/CBZ to MOBI format.
I unchecked and converted again but for some reason it converted to ePUB.

Edit: Never mind. I used the EPUB file to convert to MOBI using Terminal and the Kindlegen program.

Last edited by Gazella; 05-10-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #147
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
I unchecked and converted again but for some reason it converted to ePUB.
if you're using bare KCC gui, both ePub AND Mobi will always be generated.
Checking "ePub only" only prevents the second step (thus avoiding kindlegen call, which you can always do via terminal).
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #148
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Oh.. right. My bad :-P
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #149
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
if you're using bare KCC gui, both ePub AND Mobi will always be generated.
Checking "ePub only" only prevents the second step (thus avoiding kindlegen call, which you can always do via terminal).
What do you mean by 'bare'? I'm using the Mac version of KCC found here: https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #150
Robmonster
Wizard!

Forgive me, but what is the difference between using KCC and AWKCC in the first few posts? Does AWKCC contain the latest KCC within it somehow?

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools