Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Matching Light for Kobo

I was approaching the check out counter at our local Old Navy Store today when I saw a display of book lights. This one was perfect for our Kobos. The clip and light shield match our blue button exactly. The light is a clip on using 3 AAA batteries with a bendie neck and a very bright light with switch on it's neck. It was priced at very reasonable $5.00. I picked up 2 . It also came in bright lime, but the blue made it look like it was an "official" light..
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
I picked up one at Bed Bath and Beyond for $8, a "multiflex LED task light." The clip is too big, however, to fit on the top of the Kobo. I'm using it clipped to the lower left corner where it's doing a fine job. I'd like to find something that works better.

BTW, I'm developing a keen appreciation of that "empty space" in the lower left corner for gripping the Kobo.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
I originally thought it was important to have a LED lamp that used AA or AAA alkaline batteries - because of their universal availability.

Until I saw the Barnes & Noble little lamp - which uses two 2032 cells (fairly commonly-available in the U.S.).

My two-AAA-cell lamp makes the Kobo a little top-heavy after reading a few chapters (Kobo-carpal-tunnel syndrome ... (grin)).

Photos of the B&N lamp are posted at ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#100032

Clint Bradford
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light