Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
pen_sq
Enthusiast
pen_sq began at the beginning.

Device: none
What's the "ruler" in the .cbz viewer for?

Yeah, the ruler. When you're viewing a .cbz bundle of pictures in fullscreen, press a number key. The bottom of the screen will show a bar of the digits 1-9 (measuring out tenths of the screen, not cm). If you press any other digit, the Kindle will advance to the next picture, and remove the number bar. Is this just a diagnostic quirk thrown into a hacked unofficial feature? Is it the stub of an unprogrammed progress bar?

A followup question - Is there any hope for panning a rotated view of a tall comic page by some amount other than a screenful? If a comic page is 3 strips high, I can only view the top or bottom half of the whole page at a time, and never see the middle row in its entirety.
pen_sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
psycholoner
Enthusiast
psycholoner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
I've been playing around with that for a while on my DXG. I don't know why its there or if it has any other functions or if there is a reason for it, but it does accurate panning in one dimension. Maybe it works with something else.

Press Alt and a number together to get the screen split up into 10 parts from the bottom.
Press Alt and a number again to slide the screen accurately to where that number used to be. I don't know how to do it with the vertical.

Edit:

And while I'm at it. Q button will zoom in. W will zoom out. E button will change it back to your settings, and it is the only way to get it back to normal without restarting the kindle. Pressing R twice will rotate the screen 90 degrees counter-clockwise and then back.
C will change your setting to "actual size", which overrides all other settings.
Shift+Alt+Period will sind you to your barcode and serial number at any time.
F button will toggle Fullscreen on and off. There is a glitch where if you exit and enter the comic while its in full screen mode, it will load with the top bar even though the menu will say its already been full screened. This also happens when you put it to sleep while in a comic. Switching Fullscreen on and off will fix this, so just press F twice.

Edit2: Since pressing R (or 4) is a different type of rotate than he normal screen rotate, the partritioning still shows up in the same place on the screen even though the page has been rotated when you press Alt+#. So for lack of a better panning method, press R to rotate your screen. Adjust your zoom settings, and press Alt 5 or 6 whenever you want to pan down. This will also turn the page when you hit the bottom of the screen, even though pan to next page is off. This type of pan to next page command doesn't always work when you press Alt (# > 1). I don't know why.

Accurate panning only appears in full screen.

Last edited by psycholoner; 08-23-2010 at 07:16 AM.
psycholoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
pen_sq
Enthusiast
pen_sq began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the lesson, that's exactly what I was looking for! The alt-num command is pleasant enough to do on a K2, we'll have to find out Friday if the K3 can do the same (drat, numbers!). Who knows, maybe the K3 will be better off with a boilerplate HTML5 file flipping, scaling, and panning your pictures?
pen_sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #4
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Is there a reference for those hotkeys ?

I saw there a few of them here:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...Picture_Viewer
meem is offline   Reply With Quote