Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Vox only books cannot be read from Playbook

Any plans for Vox books to show up in the Playbook Kobo app? I use the Playbook at work and sometimes read over lunch but the Vox books are absent. I can read them on the Vox of course.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
KoboJason
Kobo Vox Product Manager
KoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipediaKoboJason knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch
Hi,

We do not have any near-term plans to support our catalogue of colour or read-along books on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Best,
Jason
KoboJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

That's too bad. Will have to borrow the Vox from the wife and kids sometimes...

Edit: Any chance you'll support color Vox titles on the generic Android reader? Blackberry OS 2.0 will be able to run repackaged Android apps.

Last edited by hpulley; 12-10-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
Any plans for Vox books to show up in the Playbook Kobo app? I use the Playbook at work and sometimes read over lunch but the Vox books are absent. I can read them on the Vox of course.
FYI...my Vox only books did not work on my hubby's iPad. They didn't even download when I downloaded my book library onto the iPad. I didn't really care, anyway, because I hardly use the thing anyway...prefer my Vox
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
hpulley
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
FYI...my Vox only books did not work on my hubby's iPad. They didn't even download when I downloaded my book library onto the iPad. I didn't really care, anyway, because I hardly use the thing anyway...prefer my Vox
In a way I'm glad my Playbook doesn't read the color kids books or play AngryBirds or Cut the Rope; if it did they'd probably take my Playbook too! This one is mine

But it means I'm not buying comics from Kobo which is bad for Kobo. Probably better for me to read real books anyways...
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 04:44 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
In a way I'm glad my Playbook doesn't read the color kids books or play AngryBirds or Cut the Rope; if it did they'd probably take my Playbook too! This one is mine
I told my son that the Vox doesn't do 'games', so he's not interested in it - lol! Unfortunately, my daughter is hogging it for the colour picture books and some kids videos I've loaded to the SD card, but I don't mind sharing with her, since she uses devices sparsely. BUT...she doesn't have a bad temper and has been known to throw things across the room when she gets frustrated, so.... But, I am always in the same room and I am always guarding my little baby very closely (the Vox - not my daughter!!! HAHAHAHA)!!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
merrypt
merrypt began at the beginning.

Device: Vox + Playbook
Clarification needed. Vox only books are just the colour kids' books, comics etc - right? So if I have used my account to download Kobo books on both Playbook and Vox - full library shows up on both - right?

What happens if someone is trying to read the book on both devices at the same time?
merrypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Shouldn't be a problem as you are not reading online, you read a copy that is downloaded to the Vox or Playbook.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrypt View Post
Clarification needed. Vox only books are just the colour kids' books, comics etc - right? So if I have used my account to download Kobo books on both Playbook and Vox - full library shows up on both - right?

What happens if someone is trying to read the book on both devices at the same time?
There are some other books (like the cookbook and the travel book that were free on your Vox) that are Vox-only books. You can see the difference in the 'type' of book they are in your library when you go to the kobobooks website (it does not give you the option to download them to your PC). So...your 'full' library on your Playbook will exclude those 3 free books and any other Vox-only books.

You can read the same book on both devices, but I think your bookmarks will overwrite each other if you update your library in the midst of your reading. Hopefully someone else that does a lot of reading on multiple devices can provide some advice on this - I remember Taming doing a lot of this type of thing...might want to ask Taming...
Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #10
hpulley
Addict

Actually it seems bookmarks are only updated when you sync so you can keep them separate if you are careful not to sync before you start reading. My family shares one account on all devices (Vox, Playbook, Blackberry, iPhone 4S, Win7 laptop)but we are usually reading our own books for the most part.