Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #1
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
New to the Sony Club

Hey all,
I just wandered up the road in my lunch break, played with the Sony 350, 650 and Kobo side by side in the book store and wound up being really impressed with the 650... so i bought it!

Strange thing is, i only went in there to buy a clip on light for my Kobo!

Looking forward to getting my books onto this beast and reading with speed and ease!

digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
deadgloves
Enthusiast
deadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with othersdeadgloves plays well with others

Device: PRS650
I hope you enjoy it! I'm really loving mine. Try to avoid the complete shutdown in the menu options. It seems to be buggy for some people.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100201
deadgloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi! Welcome to the MobileRead forums! I'm another happy Sony owner. Enjoy!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello digital_steve
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #5
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

deadgloves - thank you!

Thanks for the welcome to the rest of you!
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 01:30 AM   #6
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Steve,

I'm still amazed at how fast the pages turn on these devices!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
digital_steve
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
Steve,

I'm still amazed at how fast the pages turn on these devices!
Me too!
Mine just finished charging at work and i'm playing with it now... it's amazing what a light touch you need for the page turning; awesome!

Can't wait to get home and get my books on it.

Is there anything i should know? New firmware or software required?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #8
digital_steve
Muppet

I found the answer to this myself... and it's no.
The friggen thing just works, as advertised, straight out of the box.
Easy!
Loving it.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
I've had a Kobo and a PRS-650. The Sony is better by a mile. Enjoy!
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
digital_steve
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewyche View Post
I've had a Kobo and a PRS-650. The Sony is better by a mile. Enjoy!
You're preaching to the choir mate; i couldn't agree more!