Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-900
PRS-600 suddenly no display

I took my new from xmas prs-600 in to work to show it off.had about 2 bars showing on the battery. after one of the crew looked at it I went to read a bit and the screen would not display. Think the battery must have died I took it home and plugged into my charger not usb, over night and now the unit comes on but you can not select any thing off the touch screen any ideas how to rest this?

Chris

Last edited by netseeker; 01-15-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Moved to Sony forum and added PRS-600 prefix
kc5cychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Have you already tried a reset?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
kc5cychris
Connoisseur
kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kc5cychris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did try the reset. Did not seem to make any difference.

I left it plugged in when I came into work so hope that will make a difference
Old 01-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What steps did you follow to reset it?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
kc5cychris
Connoisseur

the device was on and I pressed the reset button.
Is there more that I should be awhere of?
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Have a look here:
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...rue&mdl=PRS600

A hard reset may help

Quote:
WARNING: A hard reset will erase all transferred content on the Reader. It will not erase the built-in dictionary.

1. Power off the Reader.
2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using the stylus, press the RESET button.
3. Turn on the Reader.
4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the back button and the VOL + button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.
5. Touch Yes to reset the Reader.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
kc5cychris
Connoisseur

Cool
I will give it a try

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #8
kc5cychris
Connoisseur

Thanks everyone seems to be ok today after the hard reset it still was acting up so I took the screen protector off and suddenly I had control agail go figure. Im not sure what that had to do with it but as long as it working Im happy to be back operational
Old 01-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc5cychris View Post
Thanks everyone seems to be ok today after the hard reset it still was acting up so I took the screen protector off and suddenly I had control agail go figure. Im not sure what that had to do with it but as long as it working Im happy to be back operational
I'm happy to hear that. Enjoy reading again!
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote