Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #16
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Non-Australians want to know: What is "spruiking"?
talking up
Sales pitch
in your face product selling
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
"Spruiking"

Hi WW, et al,

the term means to sell, in essence. It has connotations of a peddler, or a freelance sales-person, calling out the attributes of their wares.

WordWeb online: "Promote by speaking in public."

Oh, and many thanks to Lush for providing the useful information. (Sorry, I almost forgot. <smile>

Time I trotted off to bed.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
Vzzzbx
Connoisseur
Vzzzbx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I wish Kogan would hurry up and get these units out to reviewers (if it hasn't happened already). Seriously considering buying one of these for a long trip in September and need to know if it's worth buying over a Kobo.
Vzzzbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 AM   #19
Vzzzbx
Connoisseur

Now 'in stock' with a 24-hour delivery time. Consequently there's a delivery charge if you order one now.

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/ebook-r...-e-ink-screen/
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #20
Vzzzbx
Connoisseur

A Kogan-laced thread is occurring in a Kobo thread, so I should probably take that discussion here.

Yesterday Bookbee indicated that a video review of the Kogan is forthcoming.

Comments in this whirlpool thread are far from comprehensive at the time of writing, but what's there is complimentary and scathing in roughly equal measure.
Advert

Tags
australia, ereader, kogan