Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up MetaGame (great sci-fi novel for 1 cent (in the USA))

Here is my new sci-fi novel MetaGame for 1 cent. If you're outside the USA, you'll have to pay Amazon's international fee or whatever they're calling it.

It has recieved some great reviews.

To see reviews and for Kindle users: MetaGame

For the Mobipocket version: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=200734

BTW, I'd give it away for free on the Amazon Store, but they won't let me.

/////////
Blurb:
Life is a game, literally. Winners earn immortality, while losers are condemned to aging and death. D_Light, a gifted player, knows this all too well and he's willing to do anything to win-even kill. It is no wonder then that when given the chance to enter a MetaGame-an exclusive, high-stakes, anything goes contest-he's quick to jump at the opportunity. The MetaGame starts out well enough for D_Light, the first quest being to hunt down a dangerous fugitive, but through his own ambition, the tables turn and D_Light finds himself the renegade. Now, D_Light pits himself against his world to find the truth behind "The Game" and must decide between winning it and saving what's left of his humanity.

This novel blends emerging political and cultural trends, such as gaming culture, globalization, and the ever-increasing hegemony of corporations, with technological trends, such as genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality. Emerging from this stew is an original world to explore through the point of view of several of its "players".
////////

Thanks!
Sam

Last edited by Sam Landstrom; 01-29-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: The price changed
Sam Landstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Sam Landstrom
Zealot
Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sam Landstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs up MetaGame (new sci-fi novel for $1)

Hi, I'm a new author with a new sci-fi novel MetaGame at $1. It has recieved some great reviews.

To see reviews and for Kindle users: http://www.amazon.com/MetaGame-ebook/dp/B002AJ88LC

For the Mobipocket version: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=200734

/////////
Blurb:
Life is a game, literally. Winners earn immortality, while losers are condemned to aging and death. D_Light, a gifted player, knows this all too well and he's willing to do anything to win-even kill. It is no wonder then that when given the chance to enter a MetaGame-an exclusive, high-stakes, anything goes contest-he's quick to jump at the opportunity. The MetaGame starts out well enough for D_Light, the first quest being to hunt down a dangerous fugitive, but through his own ambition, the tables turn and D_Light finds himself the renegade. Now, D_Light pits himself against his world to find the truth behind "The Game" and must decide between winning it and saving what's left of his humanity.

This novel blends emerging political and cultural trends, such as gaming culture, globalization, and the ever-increasing hegemony of corporations, with technological trends, such as genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality. Emerging from this stew is an original world to explore through the point of view of several of its "players".
////////

Thanks!
Sam
Old 07-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

I know some folks in this forum have bought MetaGame. Thanks! When you're done reading it, if you have time, please give it a review.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 07-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Put up a new version of this book. Pretty minor changes, just some typo and word substitution fixes.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Bump! I can bump this every once in a while right?
Old 08-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

It has been a week and I want to keep this up on the board, so *bump*

BTW, good sales and great reviews, thanks everyone!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

I posted another version of my book live.

More editing fixes. It should be in really good shape now.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, Sam Landstrom.

Have you formally introduced yourself in the introduce yourself forum yet?

We love to support author members who actively participate in our forums on MR.

Your book looks interesting, and (if you have dipped into some of the forums) you may have noticed that we are international and not all of us have Kindles. Do you plan on offering your book in other formats? (ePub is a good format to offer as it is used by many other devices)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:50 AM   #9
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

Dreams, thanks for the reply! Yes, I was hoping that non-kindle users could use the mobipocket version. Here is the link from above: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=200734

Does mobipocket work or do you think another format would be better?

I'll post to that thread you mention when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 08-21-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
Dreams, thanks for the reply! Yes, I was hoping that non-kindle users could use the mobipocket version. Here is the link from above: http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...?BookID=200734

Does mobipocket work or do you think another format would be better?

I'll post to that thread you mention when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Sam
Speaking from a non techie point of view... (I have a Sony 505)...

From what I have gathered from the information I've seen on the forum, epub is a format that can be used on quite a few devices.

Some members find it easy to format shift. I am not one of those, and I imagine there are a lot out there like me. IMO, most people would prefer to just get the book and read it without having to do anything to it.

So, just from comments that I've read, it seems as though ePub is a format that can be used by most non Kindle owners.

Hopefully, a more knowledgeable member will chime in with more information.

Thank you for considering non Kindle owners.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I have a huge list of books in cue but I can never pass up a bargain. I noticed 2 of these books on Amazon... Is there a difference except that one is $0.80 and the other is 0.99?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

rcuadro, thanks for checking it out. The book was selling for 80 cents back when Amazon was giving it a 20% discount, but they pulled that so now it's going for 99 cents. If you found a glitch and can still get it for 80 cents, more power to ya. No difference in the book itself.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 08-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Sam,
Book purchased and when I finish reading I will give you and the book the review it deserves... and from the reviews there already I am sure to enjoy the book.
Oh, and you can still purchase the $0.80 book
I prefer to read books by self published authors and I look forward to reading your work.

-Rob
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
Sam Landstrom
Zealot

rcuadro, can you give me the address of the site you're getting it for 80 cents at? I get paid the same with the lower price so I don't mind it, but it doesn't make any sense. I just want to confirm that it really is the same version.

Thanks,
Sam
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Landstrom View Post
Bump! I can bump this every once in a while right?
I would have to say no. Posting in a thread just to get it in the "new posts" list again is pretty much the same as spamming. If you have new information like a price change or sequel or whatever, then fine.

Thanks for you co-operation,
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, high tech, metagame, science fiction