Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-30-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
Rob Preece from BooksForABuck.com

I've been a true believer in eBooks for years now--initially I read them on my PC, but now I alternate between my Palm and my wife's iPaq. I picked up my refurbished Palm III for about thirty dollars at Fries, so there's really no significant get-started cost in moving to eBooks (one of the things that slowed initial receptivity).

I started www.BooksForABuck.com when I realized that many eBook publishers were charging more for their eBooks than lots of paperbacks go for. Why not pass some of the savings back to the customer--and make it easy for people to get started with eBooks?

I worked at Nortel, AMP, ODS Networks, and Lucent during the telecom boom, but a couple of years ago, during the crash, I got out and went into publishing and writing full time.

Check out my website at www.BooksForABuck.com. Between now and the end of 2004, I'm donating 50% of revenue to the Red Cross for tsunami relief.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Rob,
An interesting site. With a quick browse, I didn't see much about the sources of books. It looked like one of the free ones was Gutenberg text. Is that generally the source for the free ones?

How about the $1 books. What kinds of books are those? Anything we might recognize? I'd be interested to see people publish some ebooks that are the big sellers at the time of whatever happened to be going on at the time to make it interesting, but maybe has less interest at the regular bricks and mortar bookstores because it's not the hot topic anymore. Or maybe even some of the oldest novels from some of the names we might recognize. I realize that publishers and authors are pretty tightly controlling their content, but is that sort of thing possible?

Thanks, and good luck with your e-store.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote