Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
xmfisher
xmfisher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hello, Everyone. I am in Singapore

I am living in Singapore. I am really interested in E-book reader though none is available here.
xmfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
jimbb
jimbb began at the beginning.

Device: none
hi, xmfisher. im in singaproe as well. have you had any luck finding ebook readers here?

looking for the sony or iLiad
jimbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
Hi Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbb View Post
hi, xmfisher. im in singaproe as well. have you had any luck finding ebook readers here?

looking for the sony or iLiad
I am a Sony 505 owner/user who was in Singapore until the end of January when I moved to Japan. I could not find any e-ink readers in Singapore so purchased the Sony from the US. Delivery was prompt with the only delays at the Singapore side and even then only an additional 2 days.

Regards,
Marcus
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 AM   #5
MikeU
MikeU began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Curiouser and Curiouser...

Hello from Japan. I just joined this site, and look forward to any info and inspirations you can send my way. Specifically, though, I have these questions to pose:

1. Does anyone have any idea whatsoever if the Kindle will be available in Japan? (I deplore the trend here towards cell-phone etexts. (Maybe it is good, though, for the ophthamologists.))

2. I have a Mac, and the concern is how well an interface would work with Windows-specific readers such as those by Sony, etc.

Thank you, and look forward to your thoughts.

MikeU
MikeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 AM   #6
mbagsh55
Enthusiast
mbagsh55 doesn't littermbagsh55 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700/Zaurus SL-3100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeU View Post
2. I have a Mac, and the concern is how well an interface would work with Windows-specific readers such as those by Sony, etc.
I use Kovid's Libprs500 without any major problems on my Mac. I have sufferred a few crashes but in general have had no problems I consider severe.

Cheers,
Marcus
mbagsh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 AM   #7
zvasanth
zvasanth began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
iriver story

hi ! you can buy iriver story ebook reader from funan digital mall - 6th floor challenger shop
zvasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 AM   #8
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
welcome to MR!!!

I just downloaded a bunch of ebooks off of this site for the first time today. I love the look of the books. I think you will also.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #9
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
Internet search shows some local websites carrying iriver story eg McCoy.com.sg and iknow.com.sg, while ebookshop.com.sg is advertising ectaco jetbook, hanlin and hanvon. I think iknow.com.sg also stocks ectaco and ECO reader at certain larger Popular bookshops and Challenger. If I remember correctly, Challenger advertised the iriver story for S$469 recently? Ebay is the other option for models like sony and hanlin for local resellers if you prefer not to ship directly from overseas..
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
Oh yes, and play smart (playsmartsg.biz) appears to be carrying the foxit e-slick reader (based in sim lim square I think). Recent reseller ad in hardwarezone.com.sg/marketplace/ for iriver story
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote