Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2011, 03:31 AM   #1
coco37
coco37 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: 650,iPad
failed to send mail

Hi,
My brother who lives in the UK is having problems sending e-mails to him self via Calibre.
We installed the latested version as of 21st July, it still will not send e-mails.

He is with BT for his internet, has anybody had this same problem, he is trying to e-mails books to his iPad.
Thanks....
coco37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco37 View Post
Hi,
My brother who lives in the UK is having problems sending e-mails to him self via Calibre.
We installed the latested version as of 21st July, it still will not send e-mails.

He is with BT for his internet, has anybody had this same problem, he is trying to e-mails books to his iPad.
Thanks....
I had that problem and this solved it by using gmail to send the books.

Hope that helps

"I cannot send emails using calibre?¶

Because of the large amount of spam in email, sending email can be tricky as different servers use different strategies to block email spam. The most common problem is if you are sending email directly (without a mail relay) in calibre. Many servers (for example, Amazon) block email that does not come from a well known relay. The easiest way around this is to setup a free GMail account and then goto Preferences->Email in calibre and click the “Use Gmail” button. calibre will then use Gmail to send the mail. Remember to update the email preferences in on your Amazon Kindle page to allow email sent from your Gmail email address."
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
coco37
coco37 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: 650,iPad
failed to send mail

[QUOTE=brdwygurl;1670140]I had that problem and this solved it by using gmail to send the books.

Thanks, it solved his problem by using gmail.

coco37
coco37 is offline   Reply With Quote