Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Question kobo store question

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the kobo store has the capability to build a wishlist? If not, and if any Kobo employees visit this forum please consider adding this

TIA
Fiona
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
A wish list; a reco engine; an advanced search option ... all good things hopefully coming soon?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
I use my 'I'm reading' list as a wish list. When a coupon comes up I buy from that list...
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighisme View Post
I use my 'I'm reading' list as a wish list. When a coupon comes up I buy from that list...
is that on the kobo site?
Old 09-26-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I can add books to my library without buying them. Click on the "i" information icon and it lets you add to the library. Then I review that list periodically and see if I want to buy anything. However, the library also includes books that you have purchased, so could get a bit cluttered.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
I save pointers to the books I'm interested in as bookmarks in a special bookmark folder in the browser.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
What kiwipippa said.

I usually do it through the website though.
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I can add books to my library without buying them. Click on the "i" information icon and it lets you add to the library. Then I review that list periodically and see if I want to buy anything. However, the library also includes books that you have purchased, so could get a bit cluttered.
Great idea and thanks!! I'm the type that likes to browse when I'm bored and add stuff to my wishlist but your idea will work perfectly

Fiona
Old 09-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #9
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Fiona, I forgot to say that this is on the kobo website - not the app.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
Fiona, I forgot to say that this is on the kobo website - not the app.
Woohooo...doing up my wishlist now..::happy dance::

Thank you
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #11
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
I just have a big wishlist in my brain, and once in a while, I go to Kobo Books and buy one or two.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
I just have a big wishlist in my brain, and once in a while, I go to Kobo Books and buy one or two.
lol...i try not to push more stuff into my brain and then other vital information usually leaks out
Old 09-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #13
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
lol...i try not to push more stuff into my brain and then other vital information usually leaks out
Homer: Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and I forgot how to drive?

Marge: That's because you were drunk!

Homer: And how!
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArenson View Post
Homer: Every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and I forgot how to drive?

Marge: That's because you were drunk!

Homer: And how!
Ahh Homer...so many great lines, so few occasions to use them