Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-22-2014, 04:59 AM   #1
jimdon
jimdon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
kindle collections on calibre

Can someone please help. I have read how easy it is to import collections to calibre from kindle. I have followed the instructions for installing and setting up the plugin. When I try to import my collections to calibre, the program immediately goes to not responding mode. I have tried this several times.

I have approx about 300 books on my kindle version 4. This is the first time I have connected it to calibre.

thanks
Jim
jimdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
jimdon

kindle collections on calibre

guys, I would be gratefil if someone could reply to this post, as I cannot progress any further. I have included the debug file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpinfead.txt (546.9 KB, 612 views)
Old 05-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I wasn't aware that Calibre had that feature built-in? Assuming that it hasn't, you should take a look at the Collections Manager Plug-in.

EDIT: It's possible that Kindle 4th generation devices aren't touch devices, I'm sorry, doesn't seem like I can help you out.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I wasn't aware that Calibre had that feature built-in? Assuming that it hasn't, you should take a look at the Collections Manager Plug-in.

EDIT: It's possible that Kindle 4th generation devices aren't touch devices, I'm sorry, doesn't seem like I can help you out.
I wasn't aware that "I have followed the instructions for installing and setting up the plugin" implies a builtin feature...

You have accidentally linked to the collections kindlet instead of the plugin.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I took a look at the log.

It seems it is finding a lot of "extra" files on your Kindle. Mostly the metadata.opf and cover.jpg for all your books -- did you simply copy the folders from Windows Explorer onto your Kindle?? Also, a bunch of extra ebooks in the .lit format -- which the kindle does not read.

Try clearing up your Kindle of all the junk on there. It may very well be the plugin crashed because of all the files it had to scan.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:11 AM   #6
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You are right, I missed that in the original post.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #7
jimdon

Thanks guys. As you noticed I simply copied and pasted from windows. I have cleaned up my kindle now, and sent the books from calibre.I can get and send collections now. One thing though, it will only connect in small batches. I had 200 books on kindle and it hung. This is not a huge problem, as I only need to do updates now.

regards

JIm