Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #1246
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Bukowski's style

I don't speak English
Oh hell I
speak no english at all
Nor I write it.

I was born in Brazil
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #1247
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite

touching the keys
unlocks poetry from words
- piano music -

Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #1248
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

cooly passing by
harshly closes the door: blam!
- a gust of wind -

Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #1249
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Love it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #1250
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

slowly climbing up
then quickly going downhill
- lost joy on adults -

Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #1251
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kindle Scribe
A friend of mine gave birth to her baby girl several weeks ago. I wrote this poem and read it to her as a gift. Forgive my bad English...

Oh baby, my baby
My little sparkling ruby
Let me sing thee a lullaby
Until in thy dreams thou fly

Then fly up high my darling
Where the stars are twinkling
Happy – they are greeting thee
And happy when thou come to me…

I give thou this life - precious
And thou give me a new one – marvelous
Lives filled with joy and wonderment
In this sweet home, we’re never despondent…

“Can thou feel the love tonight?”
Thou, me and dad – we’re all alight
With adoration and tenderness
Oh, this moment – pleasingly timeless…

Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1252
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #1253
kennyc

Dancing Woman

She dances through the park
in a world of her own
to music others can’t hear

She looks in your eye
with a Mona Lisa smile
then dips and twirls and steps

With snaps of her fingers
she side-steps along
forward, back then turn

Kenny A. Chaffin – 11/4/2013

P. S. Not much poetry going on here, but here's a try at one, first in a long time..
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1254
xxxxxx
xxxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I do love Poetry
xxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1255
xxxxxx
xxxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Dancing Woman

She dances through the park
in a world of her own
to music others can’t hear

She looks in your eye
with a Mona Lisa smile
then dips and twirls and steps

With snaps of her fingers
she side-steps along
forward, back then turn

Kenny A. Chaffin – 11/4/2013

P. S. Not much poetry going on here, but here's a try at one, first in a long time..
Would you like listen my poetry ?
xxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #1256
kennyc

My writing is not going real well this month, but here's a couple of poems:

Timeframes

The dinosaurs (other than birds)
died 65 million years ago

Man himself has existed
only a few ten thousands of years

In 65 million years (given our current state)
can even the bones of our cities survive?

Kenny A. Chaffin – 11/18/2013

The One

Many leaves have fallen
upon the garden path

a gentle breeze touches my cheek
and a single leaf takes a dance

Kenny A. Chaffin – 11/20/2013
Old 11-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #1257
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

hey, kenny, Timeframes reminded me of the opening to Lovecraft's short story The Nameless City:

Quote:
When I drew nigh the nameless city I knew it was accursed. I was travelling in a parched and terrible valley under the moon, and afar I saw it protruding uncannily above the sands as parts of a corpse may protrude from an ill-made grave. Fear spoke from the age-worn stones of this hoary survivor of the deluge, this great-grandmother of the eldest pyramid; and a viewless aura repelled me and bade me retreat from antique and sinister secrets that no man should see, and no man else had ever dared to see.
the guy certainly wrote quite poetic prose.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #1258
kennyc

Thanks! That makes me think of Dhalgren by Delany
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #1259
kennyc

Stillborn

The conditions were right
Water, sulfur, carbon and light
but something was wrong
the core stopped spinning
no magnetic arms to wrap themselves
‘round the planet’s nascent life.

So the solar wind in Hesperian days
stripped the air and water away
leaving newborn life
gasping and dying
on the rust-red surface below.

Kenny A. Chaffin – 12/10/2013

Last edited by kennyc; 12-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1260
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

never thought of Mars as a stillborn. good one!

air... still and cold
watered, my eyes grow red -
outside, dry, they're sold

Tags
poetry, squirrelku