Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Does the Nook Color have a multi 220/110 voltage charger?

I have preordered a Nook Color for my son's birthday on the 11th of December, and today I got the message that it's on the way! Which probably means that I'll have it next week. But since we use 220V here I would like to know if the charger is rated for both 110 and 220 V (or 130/250, as is often the case to survive spikes). I think it probably is, so people can travel abroad with their NC, but you never know... Can anybody tell me that? If not I do have a voltage converter for the home theater (bought around ten years ago with an American laser disk player), but not in my son's room.

Also, if it has, does it come with one of those plugs where you can exchange plug systems from US to European, or do I need to use a plug converter?

Thanks in advance!
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
According for Charger's product page, it's "100-240V~50/60Hz 0.5A; Output: 5.0V 1.8A" - so yea, international like most gadgets (except consoles). Doesn't seem to have exchangeable heads though, I've only seen that included on Blackberry chargers and some laptop chargers.

In a pinch, people say you can still USB charge slowly with a normal USB cable.

Last edited by ypocaramel; 11-21-2010 at 03:28 AM.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Thank you! What a fast answer! Actually I think all my HTC and O2 XDA Atom phones has had those exchangeable heads. But that's not really a biggie, I have some adapters around.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
ypocaramel
Connoisseur

Really? I guess that's the price for buying a AT&T Tilt instead of an unlocked Tytn II . Come to think of it, my dad's HTC Diamond had a (very pretty) exchange head charger too...
Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #5
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

Probably! I've actually had the original Atom, the Atom Exec and the Atom Life. Then HTC started coming with their HD series and I never looked back. I read newspapers on my current HD2, but I'm going to buy a NotionInk Adam for myself when that arrives. In the meantime I may steal my son's Nook Color from time to time... I hope they root it fast so it's possible to put a good comic book reader on it, though. If not it should be easey to unpack the comic books and read them as pictures.
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
ypocaramel
Connoisseur

yea, I need a comic and manga reader too, there's no way I'm keeping a physical collection in this apartment, it's already about to collapse from the weight of all my professional books. Otherwise, yea, I don't know if the stock NC does folder-picture viewing, that should do the trick too.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

Shouldn't be a problem, I think. Just use WinRar's file browser (open a file and then go up one level), use "Extract to" and click the "Extract to subfolders" option. That will put each comic book in it's own subdirectory under the one you're extracting too. The NC has to be able to navigate folders to view pictures, at least a folder like Windows' My Pictures, for it to be of any use.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 AM   #8
ypocaramel
Connoisseur

When did you order, by the way, if you don't mind? Just wanted to see which pre-orders they're handling now.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 AM   #9
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

Saturday a week ago. So the order wasn't that much pre.