Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #5041
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Fan art - Skinwalker

My interpretation of the Skinwalker from Jim Butchers Novel "Turncoat"
Skinwalker by Jacksworld82 on deviantArt.com

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #5042
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

My interpretation of the Skinwalker from Jim Butchers Novel "Turncoat"
Skinwalker by Jacksworld82 on deviantArt.com

That is one hairy gorilla - not at all what I imagined a skinwalker to look like when he is not transformed. But then again I really never imagined one. I guess the yellow eyes are correct. Once Goodman Grey transformed his eyes to be yellow, but the rest of the body did not follow. Maybe they don't have a normal form? Maybe only visible with the Wizard's Sight?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:17 PM   #5043
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That is one hairy gorilla - not at all what I imagined a skinwalker to look like when he is not transformed.
Me neither. I always pictured the Naagloshii to be more of an anthropomorphic feline shape, like a human/cougar blend.

Last edited by AlbertaCowboy; 11-26-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Damn Skinwalker changed the spelling of "Naagloshii" on me.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #5044
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Pep Talk from Jim Butcher

Quote:
Pep Talk from Jim Butcher

Beware, sweet, innocent, aspiring writer. People aren’t telling you this, and they should be. NaNoWriMo participants are being deceived into thinking that being an author is a good thing. But you don’t know. You don’t know the horrors you might face as a professional, published, full-time author.

I could tell you. I could go on for hours about...more
Old 11-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #5045
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Kindle version of Skin Game for $3.75!

Kindle version of Skin Game for $3.75!

Old 11-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #5046
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Nice. Is it on sale? Or because the mmpb coming out? Too bad I already bought it.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:00 PM   #5047
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool on sale?

Quote:
Nice. Is it on sale? Or because the mmpb coming out? Too bad I already bought it.
I've no idea. I simply stumbled on it.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #5048
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I'll do you one better. For the same $3.75, you can buy the ePub version from Google.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=5VufAgAAQBAJ
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #5049
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll do you one better. For the same $3.75, you can buy the ePub version from Google.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=5VufAgAAQBAJ
Epub doesn't read on eink Kindles. So not better for me.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #5050
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Epub doesn't read on eink Kindles. So not better for me.
ePub is a better long term format and with how easy it is to remove the DRM and convert to KF8 (that's how the Kindle version was made by converting the ePub version), you get a long term investment instead of a shorter term investment.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:54 AM   #5051
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Okay, regardless of our own personal little format fetishes on all sides Skin Game is on sale as part of a general sale --see here (Sticky: FREE/BARGAIN - Science Fiction, Fantasy - 2014):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keslynn View Post
Google Play is having a big sale.

Some highlights:
  • Severed Souls by Terry Goodkind - $3.75
  • The Undead Pool by Kim Harrision - $1.25
  • The Witch With No Name by Kim Harrison - $4.00
  • Cress by Marissa Meyer - $2.50
  • Skin Game by Jim Butcher - $3.75
  • The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks - $3.75
  • The World of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin - $6.25
  • (previously posted & price-matched by Amazon) Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson - $3.75
And Amazon is price-matching.

'Kay? We all happy now?

We can all get whatever the heck we want, and make our own decision too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #5052
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
I can't view the book sale page on Google Play. I guess it's probably due to geo-restriction. It's good that someone posted the titles individually so that I can check them out at Amazon.

While I was roaming at Amazon, I saw that Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is $3.99. I remember last time Nyssa and AlbertaCowboy recommended the book. But I'm not familiar with all those 80s or video games references, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. Just a heads-up if anyone is interested.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:26 AM   #5053
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
I can't view the book sale page on Google Play. I guess it's probably due to geo-restriction. It's good that someone posted the titles individually so that I can check them out at Amazon.

While I was roaming at Amazon, I saw that Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is $3.99. I remember last time Nyssa and AlbertaCowboy recommended the book. But I'm not familiar with all those 80s or video games references, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get it. Just a heads-up if anyone is interested.
Ready Player One has been $3.99 for a while for the Kindle version (at least since august 19th for sure when I bought mine). Those 80's references are not necessary to enjoy the book - most of the time it explains the game anyway. Of course, if you know what is being referenced it enhances the reading experience.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #5054
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post

For four bucks, I'd reallllllly suggest you give it a try, regardless of your 80's knowledge.
(I only have memories of the latter half of the 80's anyways, not like I was a teen during those years :P)
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #5055
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Picture of Harry Dresden

.................Harry Dresden
...................Uploaded by moonwitchkitty

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy