Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #2431
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Version 1.8.11 - 15 Feb 2014
  • Fix for fanfiction.net cover download. This is turned off by default in CLI and plugin due to how many stories in ffnet show the author's picture. In section [www.fanfiction.net] add never_make_cover: false to turn covers on.
  • Add feature to automatically inject cover from Generate Cover into epub using calibre's Polish feature.
  • Don't do auto-convert when Updating Calibre Metadata Only.

This version doesn't have translations in German & French for the new cover feature yet.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #2432
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi again,

I have difficulties to get the images from Fanfiction.com to become the cover of my epubs. They do appear on the inside of the epub just fine - just not as "outside"-bookcover. How do I extract them? Do you need any further information?

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #2433
tykobrian
tykobrian began at the beginning.

Device: Symphony w35 (android)
Unhappy Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
Hi again,

I have difficulties to get the images from Fanfiction.com to become the cover of my epubs. They do appear on the inside of the epub just fine - just not as "outside"-bookcover. How do I extract them? Do you need any further information?

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.
I'm facing the same problem. I've installed the latest version of the plugin.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #2434
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@firefoxxy and @tykobrian,

It's working fine for me.

Make sure that you have the 'Update Calibre cover from ebook' option turned on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	995
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	119170  
Old 02-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #2435
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Attached is a new test version with some fixes and changes to FiMFiction's site-specific metadata. Thanks FaceDeer for tracking these.

It also increases the string checked for for 'is_adult' due to a story comment containing the previous, shorter string.

UPDATE Feb 17, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-17-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #2436
DawnB2
DawnB2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's rather odd. Are you doing anything to the epubs in between? Converting, Polishing, editing? Have you customized your CSS or HTML in FFDL's personal.ini?

There are a few things you could do to help figure this out.

Next time you go to do updates, run calibre from a command line as "calibre-debug -g", then after you see this problem again, copy the debug output from the command line window and post it here.

It would be helpful for me to see one of the epubs with blank chapters. Next time it happens, please save the epub and post it here or some where else I can see it.

It would be even more helpful for me to see the epub before the problem happens, too. But to do that, you'd have to save a copy before updating every time.
I think I found this issue, if the ebub has been re-converted by calibre it changes the body tag from <body> to <body class="calibre">. When you use Update existing fanfiction book it adds the <body> tag back so now there are 2 open body tags but only 1 close tag

so it looks like this:

<body>
</head>
<body class="calibre">

I'm not sure why it adds the open body tag before the close head tag or why it only sometimes blanks out the old chapters.

I did confirm that before adding the new chapter there is only <body class="calibre"> & no extra body tag, after adding the new chapter all the existing chapters have the extra body tag.

I'm not sure if this is something you can fix in your plugin or if its a calibre itself issue.

I'm going through all Fanfiction books & changing all the <body class="calibre"> to <body>. I'll let you know if the issue happens again after all the body tags have been fixed/changed.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:40 AM   #2437
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnB2 View Post
I think I found this issue, if the ebub has been re-converted by calibre it changes the body tag from <body> to <body class="calibre">. When you use Update existing fanfiction book it adds the <body> tag back so now there are 2 open body tags but only 1 close tag
Attached is a version that corrects that issue. I believe if you run an 'update always' on a story that has the problem, this fix will correct it, even if there aren't any new updates.

UPDATE Feb 17, 2014 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-17-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Replace test file for a fix.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #2438
RenoA
RenoA began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Did fanfiction.net change something again? It's been a while since I've tried to download a story and I just tried again, and now whenever I try to download or update a story from there, Calibre freezes when trying to fetch the metadata. I updated to the latest version of the plugin, but it's still having the problem.

I'm on a Mac (Mountain Lion) if that makes any difference. I also don't think it's because of FFN's throttling, since I only ever tried one story at a time.

Last edited by RenoA; 02-17-2014 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #2439
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Another test version really containing FaceDeer's changes.

@RenoA - I'm not seeing any problems like that. How long is it taking when it 'freezes'? It's not uncommon for it take a few minutes anymore.

UPDATE Feb 21, 201 4- Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 02-21-2014 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #2440
RenoA
RenoA began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Oh, wow. Okay, I thought it had been freezing because I got Apple's infamous spinning beach ball after just a couple of seconds when using it and it became unresponsive, but waiting for about a minute seems to prove that it does just take a while. Sorry about that, I guess I just didn't give it enough time.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #2441
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoA View Post
Oh, wow. Okay, I thought it had been freezing because I got Apple's infamous spinning beach ball after just a couple of seconds when using it and it became unresponsive, but waiting for about a minute seems to prove that it does just take a while. Sorry about that, I guess I just didn't give it enough time.
Due to the number of people getting themselves throttled, the default sleep time for ffnet has been hiked up considerably.

People who limit their number of downloads themselves can get away with setting the sleep shorter in their setup. I've had no problems running with:
Code:
[www.fanfiction.net]
slow_down_sleep_time:1
... in my personal.ini.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #2442
FaceDeer
Connoisseur
FaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enoughFaceDeer will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch
Since this issue has been coming up a lot lately with regards to ff.net, might it be possible to add some sort of visual indicator to the GUI that there's a sleep timer running? FFDL would be saying "yes I'm running slow right now, that's deliberate" rather than "guess whether I've crashed."
Old 02-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #2443
paronomania
paronomania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Per instructions from Calibre upon failed install of plugin update:

calibre, version 1.24.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Users\Leisa\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_cuzlpq\v tggby.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.13.0
Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #2444
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paronomania View Post
Per instructions from Calibre upon failed install of plugin update:

calibre, version 1.24.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 677, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 361, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 183, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\Users\Leisa\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_cuzlpq\v tggby.zip needs a version of calibre >= 1.13.0
It installs fine on 1.24 for me. I think your calibre is confused somehow.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:50 AM   #2445
martinjh99
martinjh99 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoA View Post
Did fanfiction.net change something again? It's been a while since I've tried to download a story and I just tried again, and now whenever I try to download or update a story from there, Calibre freezes when trying to fetch the metadata. I updated to the latest version of the plugin, but it's still having the problem
Same problem here with the latest calibre and plugin versions... It just hangs after fetching the metadata with the Jobs icon going round and round...
Closed Thread