Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kobo Wireless
Talking THE TWILLER, A Comedic Science Fiction Novel, Available Now (just $2.99)

I am extremely excited to announce that my third novel, The Twiller, is available now on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords (Apple and Sony should be up soon). This novel is a departure from my Right Ascension series -- it's a humorous romp around the galaxy, suitable for adult or young adult readers. It's just $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SE7LPW

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940011050695/

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/16880

Ian Harebungler, our hapless hero, just can't catch a break. First, the deli ran out of his favorite cucumber sandwiches. Then he left the gas on at home. But the lowlight was being abducted from his front yard by a particularly ill-mannered alien, one who apparently doesn't believe in anesthetic, no less. Fortunately, Ian is saved by an unlikely ally: the Twiller, whose bravery is somewhat overshadowed by its uncanny resemblance to a floating yellow marshmallow with big eyes.

The Twiller follows the adventures of Ian and his newfound companion as they are whisked around the Universe, and Ian learns how difficult it can be to find his way home to a backwater planet called "Earth." Along the way, Ian must survive the traffic of El Leigh, the enthusiastic protestors of Bez Erkeley, and rampaging politicians in the city of WMD. Even worse, he must contend with exorbitant prices in the city of York, endure the heat and crazy drivers in Fleur Ida, and struggle to escape the small planet of "Huh? Why E?" before he contracts island fever. Astute readers might pick up on subtle correlations to real places here on Earth, but my lawyers have reminded me to state that such resemblances are purely coincidental.

As it starts to dawn on Ian that the bizarre planets he visits suffer from many of the same problems, comical situations, and inane rules all too familiar to him, he stumbles upon an important secret that gives his quest to return home added urgency. Can Ian make it home? Will he arrive in time to prevent a terrible catastrophe? And can he find a flight without a Saturday night stopover? The answer lies with the Twiller…

Thanks so much to all my readers who kept me going as I worked on this new novel. I think you'll really enjoy it -- it's much lighter and more casual than my first two novels, but there's still a bit of satire and social commentary buried in there. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!

- David

Last edited by David Derrico; 07-08-2010 at 07:18 PM.
David Derrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i enjoyed the first few pages (not only funny but well written imo) so much i just bought a copy.

thanks!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i enjoyed the first few pages (not only funny but well written imo) so much i just bought a copy.

thanks!
Thank YOU! I'm glad you're liking it so far, and I'd love to hear your thoughts when you're done! =)

Last edited by David Derrico; 06-26-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Just a quick update -- I'm happy to report that The Twiller is now available not only at the places listed above (Amazon, B&N, etc.), but is now also live on the Apple iBook Store, Sony, and Diesel. (Links are in my sig.) That should cover every format and major e-book retailer I can think of!

Also, I'd really like to thank the readers who have taken the time to rank and review my novels. I've been thrilled to see the great reviews up at both Amazon and B&N, as well as the star rankings over at Kobo. Those reviews really do help out a lot, and I wanted you guys to know that I appreciate it!

Oh, one other quick note: it seems that B&N, Kobo, and Amazon have temporarily discounted my books to just $2.39 if you want to save some money when you grab them.

Tags
comedy, e-book, humor, sci-fi