Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Free eBooks at CBD in ePub

Christian Book Distributors (CBD) has opened their new section for eBooks and their free CBD Reader. http://www.christianbook.com/ebooks
I've mentioned in another thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78332
that comparing my wishlist at the Sony eBook Store with ebooks available on CBD, I found that most of them were available at significantly lower prices. You can see my price breakdown and other comments on this earlier thread.

Supported devices include Desktop Mac/PC, iPad, iPhone/iTouch, Droid/Droid X, Sony, Nook & Kobo.

When they first opened the eBook store on 9/3/2010 there were over 6ooo titles available. Yesterday, there were over 8600 titles. So they appear to be adding titles rapidly to site!

Here's a link to a free copy of the Holy Bible: HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible) Digital Text Edition from B & H Publishing.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christi...4&view=details

Other free books that you'll find there include:
The City of God by Saint Augustine
Morning and Evening (KJV) by Charles H. Spurgeon
Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan
Edge of Apocalypse by Tim LaHaye
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
That's great to know. Thanks for the link. I must have missed the launch of their ebooks selection.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This will probably show my ignorance, but if all of these various devices are supported, does that mean that they are DRM-free?

I'd also be curious to know, from those across the pond, if there are any geo-restrictions on this site. Again, I know this is a major concern, but I don't know how to find that out. I know that they accept PayPal as a form of payment, which I think is international, but I really don't know. Please correct me if I am wrong!
Old 09-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
That would have been lovely, but apparently the Bible isn't available in the UK!!!!! Didn't check the other books

And how do I know? Because it was taken out of my basket before I had a chance to not pay for it.
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiegirl2012 View Post
That would have been lovely, but apparently the Bible isn't available in the UK!!!!! Didn't check the other books

And how do I know? Because it was taken out of my basket before I had a chance to not pay for it.
So sorry.

So is that an example of geo-restrictions?
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Georgiegirl2012
Connoisseur
Georgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the roughGeorgiegirl2012 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony touch prs600
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
So sorry.

So is that an example of geo-restrictions?
I believe so. I don't have much experience yet with this whole e-book malarky, but I'm guessing not all books on the CBD site are restricted because it allowed me to register stating my home country as UK
Georgiegirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote