Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #1
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
eReaders with backlight

Hi, all.
Which eReaders coming with back light? (like eBookwise), I understand that e- ink better for eyes and better to read but sometimes i'm reading in the dusk and have no light.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
None of the e-ink devices have a backlight. The Sony 700 had a front-light. If you really want backlight, you'll have to go to the LCD side of things. Not the reflective, but the transparent (or transflective) ones. But the transparent ones are generally not easily readable in bright light, unless you turn up the backlight to the max (which will drain the battery faster).

I personally use two readers, one e-ink for daylight reading, one LCD for nighttime reading.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I use my kindle for daytime reading, and my iPod Touch for reading at night...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
You could also opt for a clip-on light or a case with a light built in, Turtle. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Thank's, well which LCD eReaders coming with back light.
My eBookwise got a backlight but I broke the screen and now shopping for another reader
that's why i'm asking.
I decided to buy Sony 300 or 505 but find out Sony have no back light.
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 12:57 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iPad makes an excellent book reader. It (obviously) has a backlight.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
WendyWright
WendyWright began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I use the ipad (back-lit) and it hasn't bothered my eyes yet. But I'm still young so who knows??
WendyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Tony Szmuk
Connoisseur
Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony Szmuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yep, the iPad is good and you can adjust the brightness.
Tony Szmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:13 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's also fair to say that the Ipad is larger than the average reader...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote